No 2nd, 3rd place...?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
JammesDean

No 2nd, 3rd place...?

Post by JammesDean »

Why is this game not scored? 1 point per collected set, and 3 for the golden 7's. This would allow for deeper strategy and less luck, especially in ranked.
MateuszData

Re: No 2nd, 3rd place...?

Post by MateuszData »

that's realy weird that there is no 2nd, 3rd, 4th place.
you are right. there should be points for each set (and 3 pts fot 7's) and the table should be made according to these points
DogEgg258

Post by DogEgg258 »

Seems weird to me too. My suggestion is 3 point for 7's Trio and 1 point for each other Trio. Or keep the current rule but adding a tie-breaker for 2nd and 3rd place (Trio number).

For the spicy mode, each point for a Trio and the player meet the winning condition get extra 10.
LBHahaha

Post by LBHahaha »

Commenting to upvote :D
NoNameKid

Post by NoNameKid »

I disagree, that change could encourage going for a safe trio if you are behind instead of going for the riskier win with 7s.
ufm

Post by ufm »

This game does not have a scoring system, literally.
Thus, adding a scoring system is a house rule which is generally not allowed on BGA unless approved by the publisher or the designer.
Also, as NoNameKid's comment 7 trio's instant victory rule makes things complicated. IMO tiebreaker should not be added.
john0607

Post by john0607 »

I don't agree. You can't just arbitrarily start adding in a points system for tiebreakers. Needed to be in the rules of the physical copy or not at all. Would be opening Pandora's box.
dhnyny

Post by dhnyny »

As much as 2nd, 3rd, etc., might seem like a nice change, I agree with the others who point out that this would be a house rule, which isn't the BGA way. Plus, even if it's not formally acknowledged, when you come in second you can still feel good about it. Who really cares if it's not official?
Fermax

Post by Fermax »

This is the same scoring as Cubirds -- only the winner earns a point.
Ursula1972

Post by Ursula1972 »

I don't mind scoringpoints. I do mind losing a lot of ELOpoints each time when i have 2 trio's and become second like any other player with 0 trio's. It would be enough to give second place to the player with the most trio's after the winner.

Return to “Trio”