This game really needs undo option

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Alive123

This game really needs undo option

Post by Alive123 »

Title says it all. I think This game really needs undo option. Is this possible?
bananasplay

Re: This game really needs undo option

Post by bananasplay »

Alive123 wrote: 08 March 2023, 20:58 Title says it all. I think This game really needs undo option. Is this possible?
Of course it's possible—just look at all the implementations that do have this feature. Whether BGA chooses to implement it, however, is another matter. It is beyond baffling that BGA continues to release implementations without this baseline feature.

Anyway, I presume that if you're posting here, you've already upvoted this suggestion, so I'm posting this here for anyone else who wants this feature: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=44651
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
MarathonPhil

Post by MarathonPhil »

Yes it does! It's such a great game but the inability to back up a misclick ruins the entire implementation.
ts0ng

Post by ts0ng »

N'thing this. Please and thank you!
landon1013

Post by landon1013 »

bananasplay wrote: 09 March 2023, 02:12
Alive123 wrote: 08 March 2023, 20:58 Title says it all. I think This game really needs undo option. Is this possible?
Of course it's possible—just look at all the implementations that do have this feature. Whether BGA chooses to implement it, however, is another matter. It is beyond baffling that BGA continues to release implementations without this baseline feature.

Anyway, I presume that if you're posting here, you've already upvoted this suggestion, so I'm posting this here for anyone else who wants this feature: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=44651
Implying BGA actually develops any of these games. Games are developed by volunteers or employees of publishing companies who want to see their game on here. I'm not sure if it's 100% of all games are developed third party but I'm pretty sure it's dang near 100% of all games on here are done by a third party individual or group. So it's not really up to BGA, however they could make a rule all games need to have an undo button, however, sadly this blanket statement can't be made because there are plenty of games that would break if there were an undo button.
Acacia

Post by Acacia »

Yep, just upvoted this ticket as well.

Inconveniently, I (incorrectly) remembered that there WAS an undo option, but you had to complete the current action or half action before it was given to you. I wanted to move the king after placing caballeros, so I was trying to cancel out of my "move the king" action. Rather than optimizing my bad situation, just in case, I pressed forward so I could start over.

This lost me the game.

I hadn't even done anything that needed undoing, I just needed to switch my focus.

It's a shame that some of the best games ever made, such as Keyflower and El Grande, have these frustrating implementations that keeps them in the BGA basement of popularity, which in turn ensures that they won't get additional development. Chicken and egg here.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Acacia wrote: 21 February 2024, 22:25 It's a shame that some of the best games ever made, such as Keyflower and El Grande, have these frustrating implementations that keeps them in the BGA basement of popularity, which in turn ensures that they won't get additional development. Chicken and egg here.
Games are not developed by BGA.
Lapalazala

Post by Lapalazala »

I have come to see the unforgivingness of the UI as one of the charms of this game. But it does make the experience more nerve wrecking than needed, especially on a mobile device.

Return to “El Grande”