Premium subscription price update (June 1st)

Board Game Arena Official announcements
lordalx

Premium subscription price update (June 1st)

Post by lordalx »

Dear Players,

We wanted to let you know that starting on June 1st, 2023, we will be making a change to our pricing offer.
Specifically, the price of an annual subscription to Board Game Arena will increase from 30€/$ to 36€/$.
The monthly price will remain the same, at 5€/$ per month.
The pricing offer will apply to all renewals (both monthly and annual) after that date.

This will be adjusted also in the same way for other currencies.

Over the past year, we have added more than 100 new games to the platform, including some of the most popular titles like Wingspan, Ticket to Ride, and Catan, as well as highly anticipated releases including Earth, Ark Nova, Gizmos, Obsession, Living Forest, and Just One… to name a few.

We made several updates to the platform and new staff members have also joined us to strengthen the team, help implement further changes, and allow us to better maintain the site.

The price change will help us to support the authors and publishers of the games we feature on our platform, ensuring that they are fairly compensated for their work. We are committed to helping both small and large publishers, and we appreciate your ongoing support in this mission.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Board Game Arena. If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our support page: [https://boardgamearena.com/support].

As usual, we prepared a mini-FAQ for you, so you can understand the how this will impact you :
When will the price increase be effective?
Starting June 1st 2023, all the yearly and monthly subscriptions will be renewed at the latest price (36€/$ yearly and 5€/$ monthly).
All renewals will be concerned.
The exact hour is still subject to change since there are technical matters to be considered.

What about "fixed duration Premium" memberships (Paypal or gift codes) ?
The new prices will apply on any new purchase starting June 1st 2023.

I’m still at the previous price, will I keep it?
No, the updated price structure will be applied to your next renewal, for both annual and monthly subscriptions.
If you were still at the previous price, you'll receive a dedicated email.

I understood that I would keep the old price forever?
The old price is not meant to go on indefinitely.
It was an offer to extend the old price for a short time longer for our loyal customers.
We did not mean for this to be interpreted as forever. The previous offer was a great deal, but also brought lot of confusion and misunderstanding.
Thanks for reading!

The Board Game Arena Team
EDOARDO77

Re: Premium subscription price update (June 1st)

Post by EDOARDO77 »

How about gift poin?
Ferry84

Post by Ferry84 »

Ark Nova?
lordalx

Post by lordalx »

EDOARDO77 wrote: 02 May 2023, 14:21 How about gift poin?
There is no change regarding gift points (🎁)
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

Ferry84 wrote: 02 May 2023, 16:20Ark Nova?
Looks like the OP got a little ahead of themselves. It's in Alpha right now, hopefully coming to full release in the future but I'm not in a position to say any more and I'm sure the BGA admins and the developers of the BGA adaptation don't want to be bugged about it.
BobReynald

Post by BobReynald »

Guys, a suggestion is that you give us the opportunity to renew our subscription earlier, I believe it would be good for both parties. It's possible?
The Kestrel

Post by The Kestrel »

BobReynald wrote: 09 May 2023, 14:27 Guys, a suggestion is that you give us the opportunity to renew our subscription earlier, I believe it would be good for both parties. It's possible?
Seconded. :)
Wizzmer

Post by Wizzmer »

Thanks for all your hard and good work.. will gladly pay, its really cheap and its still really cheap after 1 of June.
User Already Exists

Post by User Already Exists »

I'm confused. I am currently paying $34.80 Canadian dollars per year.
bga.png
bga.png (52.79 KiB) Viewed 14405 times

I received an email saying that the price of my membership will increase from $42 Canadian dollars to $50 Canadian dollars.

So from $34.80 -> $42, that's a 20% increase.
From $42 -> $50, that's another 20% increase.

The overall increase is almost 44% from what I am currently paying.

Surely this is some kind of mistake. Since I'm not using any Premium features, I regard my membership as a kind of voluntary donation. Happy to continue doing so, but not at any price!
mbillard

Post by mbillard »

I agree that the price is still very good, but this is from your previous FAQ about the last raise:
You will subscribe with the current price (24$ annually, or 4$ each month), and you will keep these prices after the November 1st price update, as long as you do not cancel your membership. :)
as long as you do not cancel your membership

Return to “Official announcements [en]”