my advice, second pact

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
antimyth

my advice, second pact

Post by antimyth »

next the expansions:
echoes:

3 LIQUID FIRE & 6 STEAMBOAT: when show red / yellow or blue, let opponent keep this last card.
0 and 1 is far different, we should make this little compensate.

4 CLOCK & 7 ELEVATOR: if transfer card from score pile, return it instead.
a card both lock hand and score pile is danger, and for elevator, clock means no any defence below 6. yes there should be some reward for tech up, but i think 7 FERTILIZER is more suitable.

4 KOBUKSON: change the echo to "choose a unsplayed color on any player's board and splay it left"
this echo is underestimated now, but from my experience, if you get this, meld another card and splay red to left or up, which is not hard or expansive, then by left splay opponent's pile, you can easily advance in all icons. no any other card can do so.

9 ROCK: exchange the place of Scissors and Paper in dogma
when some one win by ROCK, the opponent may think: that all because you have Paper and i don't. so, since Scissors is more rare than Paper, maybe exchange their place is a good idea.

cities:

7 SAN FRANCISCO & 10 BANGKOK: add a "PLUS" on the up-middle bonus, which means additional bonus to other bonus, so if you already have a bonus-6, then with SAN FRANCISCO you will have 1+9+9=19 (19-6=13 more), but not 1+1+9=11 (11-6=5 more).
this two city card really far weaker than others in same time, i think a lot and this idea come of my mind.

artifacts:
(my friends say the designer may "let yourself go", and i think although the I COMPEL can perform like a "negative feedback regulation", but some of it really far overmuch)

3 CHARTER OF LIBERTIES: let it can't trigger itself
COL!COL!COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!tuck any of you hand! draw five cities! and finally draw another five cards by PAPER! all in one! all time best!!!!!!

all the special win:
1 DANCING GIRL: remove second dogma, and change the first dogma to "I COMPEL you to transfer Dancing Girl to your board! and return all the top card with a blub other than Dancing Girl!"
this card suffer me and manyone a lot. if your opponent dig this out, then you would have some scruples all the game (in chinese we say 投鼠忌器), you would worry about tuck card, splay or use those cards with "draw and meld", because you opponent can use COAL, PUBLICATIONS and many other card to find it in later game. in summary, this card have too much strategic value, and from the flavor, we would like the DANCING GIRL can jump back and forth?

2 HOLY LANCE: change the second dogma to "If Holy Grail and DEAD SEA SCROLLS are all top cards on your board, you win."
i think a way to counter the tech-up should be there, but should add some diffculty and reduce the randomness.

4 CROSS OF CORONADO: change the dogma to "Return five cards with different color from your hand, if you do so, claim a special achievement ignoring eligibility."
the best way to avoid your opponent to get an achievement is getting it yourself early. but some time it's hard, and it should be a way to get any special achievement. so this idea come to me.

6 PRIDE AND PREJUDICE:
one of the best design in this game.

7 INTERNATIONAL PROTOTYPE METRE BAR: change the dogma to "... is exactly equal to the card's value, claim a special achievement ignoring eligibility. Otherwise, return the melded card."
we compete with each other so long, and finally "let's throw a dice"? i don't think that's good.

8 EARHART'S LOCKHEED ELECTRA 10E:
a big negative effect and a special win needed a lot plan, good design.

8 PARNELL PITCH DROP: change "you win" to "claim a special achievement ignoring eligibility"
1/5 really like a dice, since you would draw 9,10,11, then the end already there, don't need a special win.

8 '30 WORLD CUP FINAL BALL: add a condition to the second dogma: "if everyone have the same achievement, then draw..."
the penalty shootout is only for a tie.

8 GARLAND'S RUBY SLIPPERS: change "you win" to "claim a special achievement ignoring eligibility"
a city card is not hard.

11 BATTLESHIP YAMATO:

9 VELCRO SHOES: change the dogma to "...If you do neither, transfer a special achievement from your achievements to mine!"
attack other's achievement is enough for this card.

9 MAGNAVOX ODYSSEY: change "you win" to "claim a special achievement ignoring eligibility"
1/5 really like a dice.

9 LUNA 3:
good.

9 THE BIG BANG:
good.

9 MARILYN DIPTYCH:
good.

all the 10th is all right.

Return to “Innovation”