Quitting in the last move to change outcome of game

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
T72on1

Re: Quitting in the last move to change outcome of game

Post by T72on1 »

mrdoctor wrote: 03 May 2023, 22:43
T72on1 wrote: 03 May 2023, 08:54
The creator of a tournament can set which factors to use in case of a tie. Could bepoints gained by opponents, average ELO of opponents, ... IIRC one of the factors, in case all those other factors are identical, is how long one has been a member of BGA, with the oldest one winning in that case. Might sound very random and unfair, and it probably is, but at some point of course there has to be a decisive factor or it can become a blocking issue and the tournament can't continue.

I haven't seen it happen much though.
No they can't.
Ah ok. I really thought they could. Sorry for the wrong information.

Those factors do vary from game to game no? So it's tied to the game the tournament is about then, I assume?
mrdoctor

Re: Quitting in the last move to change outcome of game

Post by mrdoctor »

T72on1 wrote: 04 May 2023, 08:01
mrdoctor wrote: 03 May 2023, 22:43
T72on1 wrote: 03 May 2023, 08:54
The creator of a tournament can set which factors to use in case of a tie. Could bepoints gained by opponents, average ELO of opponents, ... IIRC one of the factors, in case all those other factors are identical, is how long one has been a member of BGA, with the oldest one winning in that case. Might sound very random and unfair, and it probably is, but at some point of course there has to be a decisive factor or it can become a blocking issue and the tournament can't continue.

I haven't seen it happen much though.
No they can't.
Ah ok. I really thought they could. Sorry for the wrong information.

Those factors do vary from game to game no? So it's tied to the game the tournament is about then, I assume?
Yes, they vary, and BGA set them. However, it's not listed what they are most of the time.

You're a premium member. Go look in the "create tournament" settings and you'll see what can be set 👍

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”