Why not enter the random Weather?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ALA----IN

Why not enter the random Weather?

Post by ALA----IN »

Hi everyone. :)

In my opinion, the Weather should also vary randomly, i.e. exactly as it happens in reality.

The reason is that when playing with good players, it is virtually impossible for someone to end up in LOC 00 and then even draw a Weather tile and thus change the weather. :(

So I think that if BGA implemented an "optional table variant" where the Weather changes randomly (as it happens in reality), the game would be much less predictable and much more fun.

I specify that it could be an "optional variant offered by BGA" when creating the table, so as not to have problems with the license.

Maybe it could activate every time a certain number of LOC 0 is reached for example, or a certain number of "full throttle" and ect.

Also because, if we have the possibility to improve a game, (obviously always in an optional way), why shouldn't we do it?

Thanks for your attention in the meantime. :)
compte obelète

Re: Why not enter the random Weather?

Post by compte obelète »

ALA----IN wrote: 12 January 2021, 09:39 Hi everyone. :)

In my opinion, the Weather should also vary randomly, i.e. exactly as it happens in reality.

The reason is that when playing with good players, it is virtually impossible for someone to end up in LOC 00 and then even draw a Weather tile and thus change the weather. :(

So I think that if BGA implemented an "optional table variant" where the Weather changes randomly (as it happens in reality), the game would be much less predictable and much more fun.

I specify that it could be an "optional variant offered by BGA" when creating the table, so as not to have problems with the license.

Maybe it could activate every time a certain number of LOC 0 is reached for example, or a certain number of "full throttle" and ect.

Also because, if we have the possibility to improve a game, (obviously always in an optional way), why shouldn't we do it?

Thanks for your attention in the meantime. :)
If you have a 3 laps in a long track, the goods players have more chances to crash then a 2 laps, medium track or even worst, 2 laps in short track.

So it could depends in the length of the track and the number of laps.
flolem

Post by flolem »

There is some Dynamic weather variant that exist for the physical version of the game.

BGA need to stay with official rules
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

flolem wrote: 13 January 2021, 16:53 There is some Dynamic weather variant that exist for the physical version of the game.

BGA need to stay with official rules
how that rule work?
Shadock38

Post by Shadock38 »

Well... I'm not sure that getting carefully planned routes wrecked by random actions adds fun to the game...
Hyuse

Post by Hyuse »

Shadock38 wrote: 13 January 2021, 19:52 Well... I'm not sure that getting carefully planned routes wrecked by random actions adds fun to the game...
It's not fully random. As per the variant rules you set a chance for each change (get better, nothing or worsen) you might have on the weather. So it'll gradually get better, worse or won't change much during a game and it's fairly constant. The trick to this gamemode is WHEN to change your tires. I think this is more or less calculable than a random event drawn by a crash 2 laps into the game.

Return to “Rallyman: GT”