No undo in the interface --> I'm not using it anymore.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
RicardoRix

Re: No undo in the interface --> I'm not using it anymore.

Post by RicardoRix »

I've contact them again, but still no response.
cigma

Post by cigma »

RicardoRix wrote: 05 May 2023, 23:02 I've contact them again, but still no response.
Thank you for your persistence!
RicardoRix wrote: 03 August 2022, 10:11 Issues I fixed:

Undo on main action.
Undo after not having enough influence to place a meeple.
Colour for white player now has white pieces. Beige for neutral player.
Not allowing initial placements off the 1-6 spots.
Please, can you give us the report numbers, so we can vote for them?
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

well, normally you only need to up-vote a bug in order to get it fixed.

I've already fixed them all.
Tedric74

Post by Tedric74 »

Yes, an undo before the conclusion of the action is just logical. It is normal to make a miscalculation, especially when you are playing several games at the same time.
mturton

Post by mturton »

Without an undo at the end and resets during the turn, the game cannot be played. Too bad, my wife and I love it, but at the moment, it's unplayable.
dave607

Post by dave607 »

I was just coming in to echo the need for an Undo/Confirm button. Would be hugely helpful.
Riser

Post by Riser »

Please add Undo. Can be brutal without it.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

This is more difficult than it sounds. Undo is not a box you check to just make it happen. On many games, it's the most complicated part of development and testing. Furthermore, once implemented, undo is is very bug prone and players frequently complain about it or request more functionality. As such, it's often avoided by game developers.

I understand it's a very highly requested feature, especially by those who don't appreciate the effort required to implement it. I would offer that BGA games are usually open for anyone to contribute to, so if you feel strongly about it you can add the feature yourself. I suspect, however, that the real ask is for someone to just volunteer dozens of hours of time to do it for you, which isn't entirely reasonable.
cigma

Post by cigma »

Kayvon wrote: 12 April 2024, 14:58 This is more difficult than it sounds. Undo is not a box you check to just make it happen. On many games, it's the most complicated part of development and testing. Furthermore, once implemented, undo is is very bug prone and players frequently complain about it or request more functionality. As such, it's often avoided by game developers.

I understand it's a very highly requested feature, especially by those who don't appreciate the effort required to implement it. I would offer that BGA games are usually open for anyone to contribute to, so if you feel strongly about it you can add the feature yourself. I suspect, however, that the real ask is for someone to just volunteer dozens of hours of time to do it for you, which isn't entirely reasonable.
Yes, but in this case it's different:
RicardoRix wrote: 03 August 2022, 10:11 I don't really know why. But I just went through some of the bugs and fixed them. I have sent an email to BGA, let's see what happens.
The only main thing is that the undo feature requires a DB change, and I don't know how to specifically deal with that for the current games in progress.
The ironic thing, is that the code is actually really easy to follow and the undo feature was relatively straight-forward. I am also trying this with Madeira and have already spent more time with that than all the issues combined on Troyes, and also for some reason Troyes isn't actually attributed to any dev.

Issues I fixed:

Undo on main action.
Undo after not having enough influence to place a meeple.
Colour for white player now has white pieces. Beige for neutral player.
Not allowing initial placements off the 1-6 spots.
RicardoRix wrote: 29 December 2022, 09:25 I've not heard from BGA in all these months after fixing all the bugs for Troyes.

I've sent about 5 emails, and raised 3 tickets. Absolute zero response - Nada. BGA don't like me. I can't force them.
Such a pity! What can we do about this?
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “Troyes”