Earth tutorial

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
3p1cFr3nzy

Earth tutorial

Post by 3p1cFr3nzy »

Hello Earth veterans!

For any of you wanting to teach others how to play through a tutorial, I have made one recently, but is still in alpha (testing mode). Someone has already gone through it but it would be good if someone who is either very experienced or is a beginner can give feedback on it. It is still early days though, so no rush at all for feedback whatsoever.

Here is the link to the tutorial:

https://boardgamearena.com/archive/repl ... ;&tutorial

I can't fit in very specific scenarios as it will give unnecessary length, but beginner strategy tips may help :) Just remember the player needs to be able to understand the game in a relatively short length of time, while being kept entertained throughout.

Thanks in advance!
KoalaViril

Re: Earth tutorial

Post by KoalaViril »

Hello, and thank you for that tutorial !

I had to relaunch the tutorial as I got stuck when picking the three first cards (climate/island/ecosystem). I noticed you already had a notice about it : pick the cards in the right order; the issue being that I could not see the hand icons 2 and 3 and so I believed the order to respect was the one in the text.

I suggest rearranging the text to match the order indicated by the hands and/or fix whatever caused those hands to not be visible.

I am a total beginner so I will come back here if anything is unclear. (otherwise, consider it clear :D)
aKill

Post by aKill »

Yeah. Not sure if this is a recent bug. But I thought the tutorial was broken. Didn't think the order in which I selected the cards mattered on this screen. That restriction might be something that needs to be removed.
dialectic42

Post by dialectic42 »

I think the tutorial could use some more explanation of why you are doing certain actions instead of just telling you to click on things.
Panthergirl

Post by Panthergirl »

dialectic42 wrote: 14 January 2024, 05:51 I think the tutorial could use some more explanation of why you are doing certain actions instead of just telling you to click on things.
Agreed. This is a general issue I have with a lot of the game tutorials. I find it easier to learn by watching a YouTube video, especially if there's one specifically for the BGA version of a game.
kalencap

Post by kalencap »

Where is the continue button after choosing the three cards in the tutorial? Nothing there for me to click that I can see.

Return to “Earth”