Wingspan luck streak UNCANNY...

General discussion on board games
Rickaaayyy

Wingspan luck streak UNCANNY...

Post by Rickaaayyy »

So i've been playing wingspan for a while... just started playing more online in the last few months... I've been noticing a trend and I'm not sure what to make of it. In my experience, when i'm playing with a friend, happenings (dice rolls/cards) seem somewhat balanced (mostly,) but when i'm matching up against random, said happenings are very consistently tilted... I know that the luck aspect hits hard in this game, but... It's becoming very frustrating.. I even mentioned to opponents at certain points in this evening what was about to happen (murphy's law,) and they absolutely came true. at one point nearing the end of one game when i needed two of any three grub/wheat/cherry, and in two consecutive rolls, got one of my resource, no less than 7 rats, and fish... three of my games tonight only showed 2-4 forest birds up until the third round, but somehow opponent drew two or three from the start (TWICE having the wood duck..) I know it sounds like i'm just moaning and being a poor sport, but i'm really not.. I love playing and will continue to, but it just seems a little too coincidental to be chance that I get 3 points off of 4 bonus cards, and the next game, get every single bonus card that would have helped me LAST round time after time.... Maybe it's just me... I don't know.. Just needed to vent and ask if anyone has had similar experience with this algorithm...
Strode

Re: Wingspan luck streak UNCANNY...

Post by Strode »

Maybe it's just me... I don't know.. Just needed to vent and ask if anyone has had similar experience with this algorithm...
It's not just you. Plenty of people complain about bad luck. The answer is, given the sheer number of games played on BGA, low probability stuff will happen. And people remember (and often post) when the luck works against them more than when it works in their favor. Or they misremember so that "my opponent rolled three straight 6s" becomes "my opponent rolled them straight 6s.
Rickaaayyy

Re: Wingspan luck streak UNCANNY...

Post by Rickaaayyy »

Fun follow up! 3 of last 5 games, I was not first, wood duck was in the tray, and in two of those the other player was dealt a repeat brown power. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Return to “Discuss about board games”