Choose menu together mechanics?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
CB Droege

Choose menu together mechanics?

Post by CB Droege »

My group is trying to do the choose menu together option, but it is not at all clear how it works. One player has been asked to build a menu, but she can't do anything to 'finish' her turn (the hourglass stays on her and no one else. But it's also asking other players to vote? and change things? but since it's turn-based and not their turn, they'll never log in to do that if that's what needs to happen.

Can we get an explanation of how this works?
mrbass

Re: Choose menu together mechanics?

Post by mrbass »

I believe when you choose something then each player votes Ok (approve) or Ko(disapprove) ...not sure what Ko stands for? knockout? But exactly how it works I'm not so sure. Anyway hope that gives you a bit of direction. In the meantime I suppose just have First player (which is random btw) do the custom menu.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Okay. It's odd then that it doesn't let the other players know that they need to vote, so in a turn based match, the first player's timer runs to zero while everytone else doesn't know the game is waiting on them... :/
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

I believe I read in one of the bug reports that notifications were enabled for this...so if it's not working ..lemme check ..ok I cant find it but pretty sure I remembered it being fixed....my brain is so fried.
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

I'm in the same situation. I am the player who has to pick menu items. I have made all the selections but the game still considers it my turn, so I keep getting taken back to the game to make the selections I have already done.

Do I just leave it like this and trust things will move one once people vote on my picks?

The message I have is "You must select 1 roll, 3 appetizers, 2 specials and 1 dessert. " I have definitely done this,
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

Mr_Magic is this First Player creates own menu or is it All Players create a menu together?
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

The game options say :-

Menu Selection
Players create their own menu
Players create their own menu
All players create a menu together

Its this game https://boardgamearena.com/9/sushigopar ... =268046597

It was just done from an automatic setup, turn based. I didn't explicitly select any options
littlebrownbeetle

Post by littlebrownbeetle »

We are in the same situation. No one can figure out how to advance to the game
Denis

Post by Denis »

GAME
https://boardgamearena.com/3/sushigopar ... =377032214

We are in the same situation. This UI is completely broken. I reported a bug

What makes this problem especially terrible is that the game won't clear the "my turn" flag. Nevermind the fact that it is draining my time, but it is stuck at the top of my "Your Turn To Play" games, which impedes my ability to access my other turn-based games. If this doesn't get fixed quickly, then either I need to get the other players to abandon, or I need to quit.

Can we escalate this to BGA support, because this is affecting our ability to play other games?
littlebrownbeetle

Post by littlebrownbeetle »

We are in the same boat. It just feels stuck and when I try to vote it seems like I just turn my vote on and off without advancing.

Return to “Sushi Go Party!”