Parks Solo mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Swint

Parks Solo mode

Post by Swint »

Why is it not an option? The base game and both expansions support the solo hiker play mode. Why has it not been implemented on BGA?
Kayvon

Re: Parks Solo mode

Post by Kayvon »

It's not an option because no one has volunteered to implement it yet. On the whole, there are a lot more people willing to demand things than to help with them. Are you volunteering? That would be great addition!
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

Swint wrote: 07 March 2023, 03:38 Why is it not an option? The base game and both expansions support the solo hiker play mode. Why has it not been implemented on BGA?
I'm gonna be the nice guy (this time)

Because 99% people coming to BGA are here to find other people to play with...
So there are games where solo mode is skipped.
Swint

Post by Swint »

Not to sound crass here, but neither of the two replies provide a legitimate answer. Kayvon's response is maybe close, but the developer who brought us the BGA adaptation as well as implemented both expansions chose to leave it out. I was just curious why that was the case.

I'd wager there are a decent number of BGA members who would enjoy solo play on games that allowed in offline. Saying that it's not implemented online because BGA members are here to play with others is gross generalization. And "nice guy this time"? WTF is that supposed to even mean? Are you usually mean to anyone who asks legitimate questions on here?
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Swint wrote: 29 March 2023, 23:34 Kayvon's response is maybe close, but the developer who brought us the BGA adaptation as well as implemented both expansions chose to leave it out.
Conveniently, I am both Kayvon and the developer. My earlier answer stands. Are you looking to help out?
Swint

Post by Swint »

Kayvon wrote: 30 March 2023, 01:02
Swint wrote: 29 March 2023, 23:34 Kayvon's response is maybe close, but the developer who brought us the BGA adaptation as well as implemented both expansions chose to leave it out.
Conveniently, I am both Kayvon and the developer. My earlier answer stands. Are you looking to help out?
Not a programmer, so sadly, I doubt I'm of much help.
AbstractArtist3881

Post by AbstractArtist3881 »

Swint wrote: 30 March 2023, 14:22
Kayvon wrote: 30 March 2023, 01:02
Not a programmer, so sadly, I doubt I'm of much help.
I can do a little programming but only basic stuff. Haven't learned classes and others yet to help.
Toastcrumbs

Post by Toastcrumbs »

FWIW; I like to play solo games on BGA. Especially when I'm learning a game or don't feel like being under any time pressure to play my turn.
bcolling

Post by bcolling »

I'm a developer in real-life. What does it take to develop on BGA. I'd look at creating the solo mode.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

There's a presentation on it here: https://studio.boardgamearena.com/

Return to “PARKS”