Hearts update is now in alpha

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
SquashEngineer

Re: Hearts update is now in alpha

Post by SquashEngineer »

Unless there’s a way to easily see all cards that have been played in Turn-based, I still won’t be going back to this.
SleeperService

Post by SleeperService »

MistakenIdentity wrote: 04 March 2023, 17:58 I think it is a bad idea to add options. I think that adding options tends to make a game less popular by making it harder to find the particular game that you want to play.
It can already take a considerable amount of time to find a Hearts game during certain times of day (late at night by U.S. Mountain Time Zone for instance or any time on Friday). Adding more options just makes finding a game harder.
I agree. I hope they keep the existing game as is in addition if thus version is implemented. This is the only game I play in BGA.

If any changes were to be made they should be in the scoring and maybe the option of adding points to your score after a moonshot.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Deployed a new version:
- Changed TRAM animation
- Removed 25 / 150 / 200 points options, 'Queen of Spades breaks Heart' option and trick-related options
- Added Black Maria and Spot Hearts rules
- Streamlined option list
ufm

Post by ufm »

The update has been deployed. Thanks for your support!
ArcovandenBroek

Post by ArcovandenBroek »

What a horrible update.

- the interface is slow
- the 2 of clubs is played automatically
- cards which you can play are highlighted, annoying
- autoplay the last cards, annoying
- etc. etc. etc.

Please please please rollback the old version.
Last edited by ArcovandenBroek on 12 June 2023, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
ufm

Post by ufm »

'The interface is slow' (due to added '0.1s' delay to prevent an animation bug), but 'I don't want features which make the game faster'.
What is your point? Please address your suggestion precisely through BGA report system if you have one.
ArcovandenBroek

ufm wrote: 12 June 2023, 14:46 'The interface is slow' (due to added '0.1s' delay to prevent an animation bug), but 'I don't want features which make the game faster'.
What is your point? Please address your suggestion precisely through BGA report system if you have one.
Did you play with the new interface? Everybody complains in the chat.

I love updates when they improve the game, but for hearts it isn't an improvement.
ufm

Post by ufm »

ArcovandenBroek wrote: 12 June 2023, 18:43
ufm wrote: 12 June 2023, 14:46 'The interface is slow' (due to added '0.1s' delay to prevent an animation bug), but 'I don't want features which make the game faster'.
Did you play with the new interface? Everybody complains in the chat.

I love updates when they improve the game, but for hearts it isn't an improvement.
Yes, I'm monitoring the comments and reports, and reverted some changes according to them.
In contrast yours do not provide constructive ideas.
ArcovandenBroek

ufm wrote: 12 June 2023, 18:59 In contrast yours do not provide constructive ideas.
ArcovandenBroek wrote: 12 June 2023, 12:46Please please please rollback the old version.

There is no word Spanish in this suggestion. ;)
ufm

Post by ufm »

ArcovandenBroek wrote: 12 June 2023, 19:17
ufm wrote: 12 June 2023, 18:59 In contrast yours do not provide constructive ideas.
ArcovandenBroek wrote: 12 June 2023, 12:46Please please please rollback the old version.

There is no word Spanish in this suggestion. ;)
https://www.google.com/search?q=constructive+criticism

Return to “Hearts”