Alleged Abuse of Red Thumbs

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Goldgrog

Re: Alleged Abuse of Red Thumbs

Post by Goldgrog »

Declining a rematch, IMO, is not grounds for a red thumb. Agreeing to play one online game with a stranger on BGA does not constitute a commitment to play all rematch games that stranger might request. The obligation is one game at a time. That's it. I've had players ask me for a rematch on many occasions and I've declined multiple times for various reasons, which I would explain if asked. But if someone gives me a red thumb for declining without asking my reasons for doing so then that's fine too - just means I won't have to play with them in the future. Whatever.

These are the primary reasons I've declined rematch requests in the past:

- I've played my last game of the day (or for that particular session) - time for me to go to bed, go back to work, make dinner, or just chill out doing something else. I have a life outside of BGA and I assume others do as well.

- I'm done playing that specific game and want to move on to a different game.

- I didn't enjoy playing with this particular opponent. I didn't like their playing style - too slow, too aggressive, blocking me every single turn, even when they could have gotten significantly higher points if they had not done so... making passive aggressive comments in the chat or being too chatty overall. Things like that.

Not trying to change your mind, just offering up a perspective on rematch requests that you may not have considered. If you still insist on playing rematches every time you lose (and giving red thumbs if your opponent declines), that's your personal choice to do so but you aren't likely to get what you want by taking that approach.
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

The OP is sore that people gave them red thumbs and declined the OP's demand for a rematch. They then tried to work out who gave them red thumbs and gave red thumbs in retaliation.

Not only does the OP have unrealistic expectations of people to think they can oblige them to join a rematch, they are also petty and spiteful in awarding red thumbs where they weren't originally going to, i.e. where those players have done nothing actually wrong in the game itself.

This whole post is an intriguing window into the OPs character. It's not appealing to me in the slightest. Luckily there is a way to ensure you can avoid playing with people you don't feel comfortable with.
Ze Monstah

Post by Ze Monstah »

KenFin1 wrote: 22 May 2023, 17:12 The OP is sore that people gave them red thumbs and declined the OP's demand for a rematch. They then tried to work out who gave them red thumbs and gave red thumbs in retaliation.

Not only does the OP have unrealistic expectations of people to think they can oblige them to join a rematch, they are also petty and spiteful in awarding red thumbs where they weren't originally going to, i.e. where those players have done nothing actually wrong in the game itself.

This whole post is an intriguing window into the OPs character. It's not appealing to me in the slightest. Luckily there is a way to ensure you can avoid playing with people you don't feel comfortable with.
Regardless of the OP's ideas, could you turn down all those adjectives? A tiny bit?

They seem borderline insulting and there's no need to express them in such manner; or to emphasise so much, the fact that you Red Thumbed him as a safety measure.
When life gives you a ZeMon, make ZeMonade...
https://youtu.be/YlmKmM3WCpM
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

Ze Monstah wrote: 22 May 2023, 18:14
Regardless of the OP's ideas, could you turn down all those adjectives? A tiny bit?

They seem borderline insulting and there's no need to express them in such manner; or to emphasise so much, the fact that you Red Thumbed him as a safety measure.
Ze Monstah are you a forum moderator? BGA employee?

Return to “Discussions”