Is it okay to have 3 accounts on the arena ladder?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
NoelfromNY

Is it okay to have 3 accounts on the arena ladder?

Post by NoelfromNY »

* has 3 accounts on the arena ladder. Each account has thousands of games played but never played each other in arena. This is impossible given the number of games played and the relatively small community. The few games they did play against each other in exhibition, the smurf account threw the game to the main acount in obvious terrible play. When I confronted him in chat, he at first denied, but when i pointed out it was obvious he finally said "so what if I have 3 accts?".

But that means I'm playing the same top player at 3 different levels. First his main plays till he is happy with his rank, then he plays his alternates, until they do the same. I have to play a top ranked player who destroys me, on a smurf account with a lower ELO, costing me more points. The top ranked player gets to continue playing without risking his true ELO.

Is this actually allowed?

*Moderation Edit: please do not use the Forums to call out specific tables or players by name, this is what the Moderation Reports are for. The Forums should remain a general discussion.
vincentt

Re: Is it okay to have 3 accounts on the arena ladder?

Post by vincentt »

Hi
This is kingmaking and you can report it at support. Please do not report it in forum as it will cause penalty to you I think :)
ChiefPointThief

Re: Is it okay to have 3 accounts on the arena ladder?

Post by ChiefPointThief »

It is unethical but I'm unsure if it is against the rules. As long as those accounts aren't playing against each other. I just lost an arena game to someone with the same elo but because their arena rank was a lot lower I lost a lot of points. That is just how the system is. Also this seems like a ton of work to compete in arena from 3 different accounts. Just one is enough :P

Return to “Dice Forge”