bug status

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
ma_cieng

bug status

Post by ma_cieng »

Is there any description about bug status in BGA? E.g. notabug, fixed, confirmed is fairly easy to comprehend, but what is the difference between awaiting, open, notconfirmed, acknowledged? It would be good to have short info in bug forum page about all types of states. (or even better - tooltip while hovering over state of bug)
paramesis

Re: bug status

Post by paramesis »

There may have been a forum post when the system was rolled out explaining everything, but I haven't been able to find it.

There are two different sets of statuses, depending on whether it is a suggestion report or a bug report.

Suggestion statuses:
  • "awaiting": This suggestion has not been analyzed by the developers yet
  • "inforequest": Developers would like more information about this suggestion
  • "acknowledged": Developers agree that it is a good idea and intend to work on it
  • "implemented": This suggestion has been implemented
  • "rejected": Developers think that it is not a good idea or that the cost/benefit ratio is too high
Bug statuses:
  • "open": Bug has not been reproduced by developers yet
  • "infoneeded": More information is requested by developers to reproduce this bug
  • "confirmed": Bug has been confirmed by developers
  • "duplicate": This bug is a duplicate of another bug
  • "wontfix": This bug won't be fixed
  • "worksforme": Developers did not manage to reproduce this bug
  • "notabug": This is not a bug
  • "claimed": This report has been claimed as solved by a bounty hunter on the studio and needs to be checked and deployed
Saxmaam

Post by Saxmaam »

I wanted to vote for and add to a bug report that has been marked not a bug. I have a table number and a move number And I’m pretty sure it really is a bug or incomplete implementation. I could contribute to the bug report, but I could not vote for it. Do I have to start a new book report for anything to happen?

This is the bug report:

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=55838
paramesis

Post by paramesis »

Votes can no longer be made on reports that have been closed. For suggestion reports, closed statuses are "implemented" and "rejected". For bugs, closed statuses are "duplicate", "wontfix", "worksforme", "notabug", and "notupdated"

On my list, I forgot to mention "notupdated" another possible bug report status to automatically close reports that have not had any new comments in one year.

Different devs will have differing opinions on commenting on closed reports, but there are a couple things to keep in mind:
  • Developers and maintainers will still receive an email notifying them that this report has received a new comment
  • Commenters on that report will NOT get an email notifying them if the developer responds to that comment on the closed report. (Case in point, it looks like the dev responded to your comment already before this message was posted.)
  • The developer will not automatically be presented with important information that is required when entering a bug report, including the table number, browser, and move number. The commenter will need to provide this information (I summarily ignore comments that don't).
  • A powerful tool that developers have at their disposal to use, often as a last resort, is to load the state of an ongoing table that has been reported into Studio. Developers only have the ability to do this for the table associated with the report, and not for table numbers added in comments.
Saxmaam

Post by Saxmaam »

thanks. it sounds like i should make a new report
cigma

Post by cigma »

Thank you very much for this detailed information, paramesis!

I consider it very helpful to know what is going on behind the scenes.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “Developers”