Kicking-out Opponent After They Win

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
zenumber1brat

Kicking-out Opponent After They Win

Post by zenumber1brat »

I would like to suggest a change to the permissions available to Player A when Player B has run out of time in turn-based games. Please note that my experience is specific to tournaments, which have an upper time limit.

Currently, Player A can remove Player B at any time. This permits the following behavior:
* Player B runs-out of time at the 25% progress point
* Players A & B play the remainder of the game anyway (aka Player A has opted-in to the game despite Player B running out of time)
* Player B has played all their moves (or all but 1, depending on turn order) and Player A has one last move. Player A then decides to expel Player B simply because they're going to win.

What I suggest instead:
* BGA gives Player A the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out to playing the remainder of the game. This would mean that Player A can also not be time penalized in that match-up. The time limit of the tournament would still exist, so the game can't literally last forever.
patsyish

Re: Kicking-out Opponent After They Win

Post by patsyish »

zenumber1brat wrote: 26 May 2023, 14:12 I would like to suggest a change to the permissions available to Player A when Player B has run out of time in turn-based games. Please note that my experience is specific to tournaments, which have an upper time limit.

Currently, Player A can remove Player B at any time. This permits the following behavior:
* Players A & B play the remainder of the game anyway (aka Player A has opted-in to the game despite Player B running out of time)
* Player B has played all their moves (or all but 1, depending on turn order) and Player A has one last move. Player A then decides to expel Player B simply because they're going to win.

What I suggest instead:
* BGA gives Player A the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out to playing the remainder of the game. This would mean that Player A can also not be time penalized in that match-up. The time limit of the tournament would still exist, so the game can't literally last forever.
Player A could let their time run until the the tournament time exceeds. Same effect.
Siu! :)
Ceaseless

Re: Kicking-out Opponent After They Win

Post by Ceaseless »

I actually don't see anything wrong with this. Player A had the chance to end the game in their favor because of time, but chose to play the game out further for fun anyways. All they did was extend gameplay.

Return to “Suggestions”