Using double transportation icon on separate actions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
JashHsu

Using double transportation icon on separate actions

Post by JashHsu »

So here’s the scenario.
I’m at a site with the Arrow/ Coin/ Boot guardian.
I have the “sturdy boot (2 car symbol)” card, a coin and a unused boot> Arrow assistant.
Per the rules, I believe I can do the following in a single turn:
1. As a free action, activate the assistant with my sturdy boot, using up one of the 2 car symbols.
2. As a main action, overcome the guardian with enough resources without having to pay another card (using up the remaining car symbol).
—-
Is this play correct? Is this implemented in the BGA version of the game?
AlexTFish

Re: Using double transportation icon on separate actions

Post by AlexTFish »

I'm pretty sure what you describe is legal. In the same way you should be able to use a source of 2 cars on a single turn to both travel to a single-car site and activate the boot->arrowhead assistant.
I have no idea if it works on BGA or not though. If it does, I'd expect you should be able to click to do either of the actions (activate assistant or defeat guardian), pay your source of 2 travel symbols, and then do the other action and have it just use the other travel symbol you have "floating around".
Adeon_Hawkwood

Post by Adeon_Hawkwood »

JashHsu wrote: 26 May 2023, 14:41Is this play correct? Is this implemented in the BGA version of the game?
The play you've described is allowed by the rules, travel icons last until the end of the turn and can be split between your main action and free actions (this was implied in the base game rules and explicitly stated in the second expansion). However, the BGA implementation does not currently allow it.

There's a bug report for it that's been open for a few years: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=51485
Magrim42

Post by Magrim42 »

Yes, the rules actually give an example of two boot icons in the originals which you can only get from activating boots, however, you can only use the two boots to travel, not for anything else. Not sure if this was just an error in the rules or was just making up a card. The way the card is worded it does sound explicitly for travel. Here's something though, with the Ocarina the two boot symbols still turn into airplanes though...

Also, I tried this as well and couldn't do it, was super annoyed.

Return to “Lost Ruins of Arnak”