Reptile house question

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Alive123

Reptile house question

Post by Alive123 »

ark nova rules question.. seems like for reptile house animals, the game requires I have the appropriate sized enclosure ALONG WITH the reptile house, to play it. is that the correct rule? I always thought if, let's say an alligator requires a lvl 5 enclosure (next to water) or 3 spots in a reptile house (next to water); then I could just have the reptile house and place it. But I'm quite certain it just didn't let me do this in bga. Am I misunderstanding the rules or might this be a bug? if a bug I will move this to the bugs area
Tisaac

Re: Reptile house question

Post by Tisaac »

Alive123 wrote: 26 May 2023, 08:48 ark nova rules question.. seems like for reptile house animals, the game requires I have the appropriate sized enclosure ALONG WITH the reptile house, to play it. is that the correct rule? I always thought if, let's say an alligator requires a lvl 5 enclosure (next to water) or 3 spots in a reptile house (next to water); then I could just have the reptile house and place it. But I'm quite certain it just didn't let me do this in bga. Am I misunderstanding the rules or might this be a bug? if a bug I will move this to the bugs area
Yes you can and yes it's already working like this. Please double check the rules, we have virtually no rules bug left. Over 97% of the "rules bug " reports last week were all notabug and we are wasting lot of time closing them
Alive123

Post by Alive123 »

Sorry I’m still a bit confused by your response. I have triple checked the rules. Again I guess to seemed like the issue was even though I had the reptile house it required me to also have the separate appropriate sized enclosure, it has those little green/red check marks for each requirement. This is the correct rule then yes? (To me the rules read otherwise)
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Did you try playing the card? I believe the check marks are either-or, that is as long as one of the enclosure requirements is satisfied, you can play the card. If one is not satisfied, you'll still see the red cross, but if the other is satisfied, you'll have a green mark too and you can play it.
Alive123

Post by Alive123 »

Ok. Well.. must have been some requirement that I was somehow missing. Thanks!
kwand0

Post by kwand0 »

It may of been your reptile house wasn't by water and or rock when the animal you played needed to be by one of them. The placement restrictions don't change with the building they go into.

Return to “Ark Nova”