Reset stats!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Leander Quest

Reset stats!

Post by Leander Quest »

As the game is out now, please reset our stats. My stats still show 58 games, 1 win...my real ones are 44 games, 30 wins (multiplayer games)...
If you don't reset them, alpha players will be punished compared to players that waited till the release.

I checked some others players and they have incorrect stats as well....38 games, 0 wins etc...just random numbers.
Jellby

Re: Reset stats!

Post by Jellby »

Those stats are not used anywhere as far as I know, just ignore them.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Leander Quest wrote: 26 May 2023, 00:07 As the game is out now, please reset our stats. My stats still show 58 games, 1 win...my real ones are 44 games, 30 wins (multiplayer games)...
If you don't reset them, alpha players will be punished compared to players that waited till the release.

I checked some others players and they have incorrect stats as well....38 games, 0 wins etc...just random numbers.
There is nothing specific about alpha as already explained, it's only training mode that are not taken into account. Nothing specific to ark nova, nothing specific to alpha
Leander Quest

Post by Leander Quest »

But you see the stats when clicking the XP icon...that displays your games and stats.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

... and there's no other use for it, so don't click on the XP icon.

I understand it's annoying, but what I'm trying to say is that it's only a "display" issue, with no other effect on the site (unlike ELO or Arena score), so you could safely ignore it.
Ez0ah

Post by Ez0ah »

Leander Quest wrote: 26 May 2023, 00:07 If you don't reset them, alpha players will be punished compared to players that waited till the release.
Well, maybe don’t play alpha games if you care about stats?
Alpha is meant as a testing phase, you get games that can break, have bugs and you’re meant to contribute to its development. It’s not exactly a competitive environment
Leander Quest

Post by Leander Quest »

It would make sense to reset stats when launching the real game.

The high scores etc. of computer games that leave testing are reset too.

I wouldn't care if alpha stats were correct...but they are simply off....58 games, 1 win...all players have many games, but 0-1 wins...it's a bug.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Leander Quest wrote: 27 May 2023, 20:08 It would make sense to reset stats when launching the real game.

I wouldn't care if alpha stats were correct...but they are simply off....58 games, 1 win...all players have many games, but 0-1 wins...it's a bug.
Again, it's not about alpha ! If you play in training mode now, it will work the same. So no, no reset is planned.
Stroom

Post by Stroom »

Leander Quest wrote: 27 May 2023, 20:08 It would make sense to reset stats when launching the real game.

Why do you care about gaming statistics so much? It is a pointless metric. Some people play fooling-around games, trying out weird strategies so their statistics might not really display their actual skill level etc. Even in non-training-modes. It is differently skewed per player and that is OK.

Return to “Ark Nova”