Gran noticia. Muchas gracias ;-)
Cyborgs Gaming

Re: ARK NOVA: Zoo(u)topia

Post by Cyborgs Gaming »

I found 5 things that look like they could be Ned's, not sure the real one
andoriangirl

Post by andoriangirl »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!
Niall

Post by Niall »

Cyborgs Gaming wrote: 26 May 2023, 08:04 I found 5 things that look like they could be Ned's, not sure the real one
Google “werewolf Flanders”. You’ll find what you seek.
mixix

Post by mixix »

Best news of 2023!!! I was thinking and hoping every day that BGA would add this game!
So amazing!
Regerr

Post by Regerr »

Hello,
What a superb interface ! It's very user-fiendly, with a lot of nice display ideas. For example, the automatic counters for continents and animals.

There is one little thing I'm puzzled with, and it's not with the display but with the "preferences" menus. The "competitive level" mixes two dimensions: whether I want to play with a beginner/expert, and the types of maps. This last bif is confusing because far below there is a also a "player's map" section. Also, I'm not too sure what the "custom setup" is in the game (Fact is my groups played with the 1-8 maps from day 1 and we never ever tried the A and 0 maps).

Suggestion, just after 1 minute thinking - may not the best solution:
- have a single area to decide what maps to use.
- In this section, first choice should be "A map vs. 1-8 maps". There could be a call-out or something to explain that "never play A map" means "always play 1-8 maps".
- the "player's map" section should be avalilable If and only if player is open to 1-8 maps. If not, there shouldn't even be a choice.

Forgive this remark if this has already been processed.

PS: I should add that my personal pick is never to use A map. However, all my games so far had it, and I am not sure how to twick the "preferences" to avoid it.
Jifeng0429

Post by Jifeng0429 »

Tisaac wrote: 25 May 2023, 11:13
Jifeng0429 wrote: 25 May 2023, 08:17 Can you fix the problem that the games record during the alpha version display incorrectly?
Not sure what you mean by that but if you are talking about replays, then no, we cant. The script version is archived at the same time the game is finished, so we have no way to make a change on this.
i mean that the record(history matches number and winrate)of games during alpha version has been counted in accrent version,but it displays in correctly.
For example,i played dozens of matches during alpha version and won mostly,but my winrate is around 10%.Not only me but also everyone play in alpha has this problem.
Can you fix it plz.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Jifeng0429 wrote: 28 May 2023, 06:44
Tisaac wrote: 25 May 2023, 11:13
Jifeng0429 wrote: 25 May 2023, 08:17 Can you fix the problem that the games record during the alpha version display incorrectly?
Not sure what you mean by that but if you are talking about replays, then no, we cant. The script version is archived at the same time the game is finished, so we have no way to make a change on this.
i mean that the record(history matches number and winrate)of games during alpha version has been counted in accrent version,but it displays in correctly.
For example,i played dozens of matches during alpha version and won mostly,but my winrate is around 10%.Not only me but also everyone play in alpha has this problem.
Can you fix it plz.
Ok then no. It has nothing to do with alpha. Any table played in training mode will work the same, even for a released game.
biggetje

Post by biggetje »

Little late to the party here but as mentioned many times before in this thread: great implementation of a great game!
ProperPlay

Post by ProperPlay »

Hi all!

First of all thank you to everyone involved in making this game available on BGA.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include the "Shortened Game" option here.

I'm not sure if it's something official or just a recommendation from the designer but on my first game of Ark Nova playing with the physical copy the owner of the game reduced quite some steps on the score track to make the game shorter and it works much better.

To be honest I really enjoy the first and last 30 minutes of the game but the hour or more in between (with 3P) is quite boring and feels like a chore.

Are you considering adding this in the near future?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”