Where can I see/change players that I have blocked?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
kfheen

Where can I see/change players that I have blocked?

Post by kfheen »

After a few years and some thousand games, I have occasionally blocked one player or another. Is it possible to see a list of these somewhere? I can't find them anywhere on my profile.
Can I change the blocks also? Generally I tend to give people another chance after a while, depending on the reason for blocking. Also, just curious to see how many and why.

Searched the forums, but most of the threads I found was about players blocking the game in play.
Meeplelowda

Re: Where can I see/change players that I have blocked?

Post by Meeplelowda »

kfheen wrote: 28 May 2023, 11:08Is it possible to see a list of these somewhere? I can't find them anywhere on my profile.
No, not for the games part of the site. You can create and see ignore lists for the forum in the user control panel (at least it says you can; I haven't used that function to see if it actually works).
kfheen wrote: 28 May 2023, 11:08 Can I change the blocks also?
Yes. Just go to their profile and deselect the red thumb by clicking on it again.
Cloggedd

Post by Cloggedd »

Assuming there is no way to find the players you have blocked or red thumbed, this honestly doesnt help the community or game selection.
I recently got red thumbed by some player because I made a mistake in a prior game I was new to. We all learn. But that player is likely NEVER going to encounter me again since he red thumbed me. And if he never encounters me again, he will never remove that red thumb.

This leaves a bunch of petty players unable to play with others, instead the community here could learn to be tolerable and grow.
Its a silent shadow banning system you have here and you really could improve on it.
You are teaching players to block and forget. Its quite similar to the US prison system which is an abomination honestly.

Mechanics affect behavior and mindset, even outside of the game.
TheSnowstorm

Post by TheSnowstorm »

There used to be a way by going into the view source of a certain page, I think it will be in some other thread asking the exact same question, but I can't remember how.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I think you can still find it (search for "thumb") in the source of any BGA page while you're logged in, but it's obviously a hack and unsupported, so it could disappear at any moment.
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

On the (old) lobby page, you can click on the link to see the tables you can't join.
Then you will be able to see the tables you can't join because you gave a red thumb to someone in, or the opposite, because one of the players at this table red thumbed you.

Then you can click on their profile and eventually remove the red thumb you gave.
kfheen

Post by kfheen »

Clogged wrote: 29 May 2023, 08:19 Assuming there is no way to find the players you have blocked or red thumbed, this honestly doesnt help the community or game selection.
I recently got red thumbed by some player because I made a mistake in a prior game I was new to. We all learn. But that player is likely NEVER going to encounter me again since he red thumbed me. And if he never encounters me again, he will never remove that red thumb.

This leaves a bunch of petty players unable to play with others, instead the community here could learn to be tolerable and grow.
Its a silent shadow banning system you have here and you really could improve on it.
You are teaching players to block and forget. Its quite similar to the US prison system which is an abomination honestly.

Mechanics affect behavior and mindset, even outside of the game.
So very much this.
The above suggestions are bad workarounds, unfortunately. This also makes me reluctant to continue using the red thumb, but then again there are players I'd like to avoid... How annoying.

Return to “Discussions”