Suggestion for Tutorials...

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
IcyPot

Suggestion for Tutorials...

Post by IcyPot »

Hello!
If there were a way that you could make it so that the tutorials had a "back" button on them, it would be SOOOOOO much better.

I have been in many tutorials, and then had to "quit the tutorial" to start it all over again because I wanted to refer back to something that was already said.

I'm not sure how easy of a change this would be to do, but I just wanted to share...I think it would be a GREAT improvement to any/all tutorials, even it were just a change that was made on new tutorials going forward.

Thanks!
Tisaac

Re: Suggestion for Tutorials...

Post by Tisaac »

IcyPot wrote: 28 May 2023, 00:59 Hello!
If there were a way that you could make it so that the tutorials had a "back" button on them, it would be SOOOOOO much better.

I have been in many tutorials, and then had to "quit the tutorial" to start it all over again because I wanted to refer back to something that was already said.

I'm not sure how easy of a change this would be to do, but I just wanted to share...I think it would be a GREAT improvement to any/all tutorials, even it were just a change that was made on new tutorials going forward.

Thanks!
Knowing how it works a bit, that would a tremendeous change. Tutorial is just a replay with comments. Replay are always going in one direction, there is no easy way to change that because animations are not reversible in general in an automatic way. So it's very likely this wont happen unless a big overhaul is made on the whole logging system.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Maybe it would help if one could see all tutorial comments that already have been displayed, e.g. as part of the game log or as a separate list of comments (like a chat). So, there is no need to go back in the game situation, but the tutorial user can lookup the previous explained rules.
IcyPot

Post by IcyPot »

Yes, a log of what has previously been explained would work…like you said like a chat/log of ongoing details. That would suit my needs just fine. It’s just that I often want to refer back to something that was stated previously and I end up needing to quit the whole tutorial and going through it all again! 🙂

It’s just a suggestion, but I appreciate your reply and explanation of how it works! I didn’t understand the implication of it being set up as an animation that could just go in one direction. Thanks for the explanation!

And thanks for considering potential changes/adaptations!

Return to “Suggestions”