Rules mis-match? There are two rules on BGA that I cant find in the rulebook

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
taqotaqo

Rules mis-match? There are two rules on BGA that I cant find in the rulebook

Post by taqotaqo »

I just got a physical copy of this game. I noticed two things when trying to play that didn't match with how I play on BGA. I'm not aware if there is maybe a new version/reprint, or I'm just overlooking something in the rule book, or this is some variant rule. Hoping someone can point me in the right directions. I was unable to find anything helpful on google. Thanks!

1) There are no blue rectangular shapes with x's on them in the guild hall. These symbols are on the board in the first and second rows of the guild hall while playing on BGA. They look like the discard debt icon, but blue instead of black. In BGA, when that spot of the guild hall is filled, the first two apprentices in the workshop are removed. Then all of the other apprentices shift to the left to fill the spots and two new ones are added on the right from the draw pile.

2) I cant find in the physical rule book anywhere, where during setup each player drafts a free worker from the work shop. Can anyone point me to which page that is on?
Physical Board
Physical Board
Screenshot 2023-05-28 161033b.jpg (104.71 KiB) Viewed 863 times
BGA board
BGA board
Screenshot 2023-05-28 160937a.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 863 times
cigma

Re: Rules mis-match? There are two rules on BGA that I cant find in the rulebook

Post by cigma »

2)...
is a rules update. You can find more about it here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=83835
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
taqotaqo

Re: Rules mis-match? There are two rules on BGA that I cant find in the rulebook

Post by taqotaqo »

cigma wrote: 28 May 2023, 23:02 2)...
is a rules update. You can find more about it here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=83835
Ok, so if you're finding this in confusion, the link above in the quote contains all the information on why there is a mismatch.

The base game on BGA --in agreeance with the game's creator and BGA devs --have decided to implement two rules from the artisan expansion into the base game.
  • Game Publisher Sam MacDonalds says "feel free to play with these rules when you play at the table.
  • There is no option to toggle this off, due to the previous bullet, as it could potentially and unnecessarily split matchmaking queues
I speculate that if there ever were to be a reprint of this base game, it would have these new rules included along with the updates to the board.

-Thank you for pointing me to the answers cigma, I may have never found that :lol:

Return to “Architects of the west kingdom”