Testing Group Stage tournament (beta) in Memoir'44

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
patsyish

Testing Group Stage tournament (beta) in Memoir'44

Post by patsyish »

I am testing the Group Stage tournament in Memoir'44. I am happy to get any aid and advice of this tournament formula.

If you are interested to say something especially of the Memoir'44 point of view, please answer in this thread:
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 52#p142052
Siu! :)
mrdoctor

Re: Testing Group Stage tournament (beta) in Memoir'44

Post by mrdoctor »

I'm not sure I/we know what you're asking.
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

mrdoctor wrote: 12 May 2023, 01:11 I'm not sure I/we know what you're asking.
Well, there about zero documentation about the different tournament formulas. There are a lot of non-functional parts in the forms and very little intructions how use the tools. I am learning things by the trial-and-error method. If I could get some information in advance, I would be grateful.

I ran one twin tournament already. The results had to be summed manually, because the features needed to count them are lacking for now. I am now testing a tournament of five groups, and three best player of them will continue to the finale group. The registration will open 15th of May and the tournament will start 4th of June.

If somebody have taken part in this kinds of tournaments then I would love to read some advice.
mrdoctor

Post by mrdoctor »

patsyish wrote: 12 May 2023, 17:00
Well, there about zero documentation about the different tournament formulas. There are a lot of non-functional parts in the forms and very little intructions how use the tools. I am learning things by the trial-and-error method. If I could get some information in advance, I would be grateful.

I ran one twin tournament already. The results had to be summed manually, because the features needed to count them are lacking for now. I am now testing a tournament of five groups, and three best player of them will continue to the finale group. The registration will open 15th of May and the tournament will start 4th of June.

If somebody have taken part in this kinds of tournaments then I would love to read some advice.
I still have no idea what you're talking about, sorry - hopefully someone else can help you!
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

mrdoctor wrote: 12 May 2023, 23:43
patsyish wrote: 12 May 2023, 17:00

I still have no idea what you're talking about, sorry - hopefully someone else can help you!
I am speaking about testing the Group Stage tournament (beta), in Memoir'44
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

The tournament will be now tested at 4th of June

Kaverit Open • Two Rounds
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

patsyish wrote: 19 May 2023, 20:33 The tournament will be now tested at 4th of June

Kaverit Open • Two Rounds
Is is fully booked now
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

We are now testing tournaments devided in groups by ELO:

Kaverit Open • Two Rounds 27 players 15 Days 300 ELO
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

patsyish wrote: 21 July 2023, 18:22 We are now testing tournaments devided in groups by ELO:

Kaverit Open • Two Rounds 27 players 15 Days 300 ELO
There is now also third ELO range, but the name is wrong:

The ELO boundaries are 200 - 499 ELO not 200 - 399 ELO as it said in the name of the tournament. My apologies.
Good plaer (200-299)
Strong player(300-499)

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”