How do I end turn?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
jdgalt

How do I end turn?

Post by jdgalt »

It's my turn, the other players have refused my trade offer and I don't have another I want to make right now. Where's the button to end my turn? I've tried every control on the entire screen.
sanjoyyy

Re: How do I end turn?

Post by sanjoyyy »

theres a pass button
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

You may not realize that you have to cancel the trade before you can proceed - even if everyone rejected it already.

What I guess happened is that you clicked the x to close the trade overlay window, and didn't realize that doesn't actually cancel the trade. It's there for you to be able to see the playing board while a trade window is covering part of it - you can click that to make the overlay go away and see the board, then click the trade button again to show it again.

So if my guess is right, that's what you need to do: Click the trade button to make the trade window show up, then click the button at the bottom of it to cancel the trade. Then you'll be able to do other things such as pass.

And yes, if you want to tell me the trading UI in this game is really really terrible, I completely agree. It is.
Brandman

Post by Brandman »

How do I stop the clock on trade thinking time?
Mathew5000

Post by Mathew5000 »

Brandman wrote: 29 May 2023, 07:48 How do I stop the clock on trade thinking time?
When you're going to sleep (or otherwise won't be online for several hours), click on "Configure trade alerts" (in your section of the scoreboard). You then have various options including "Never alert me" and only receive alerts for certain types of offers. When you aren't alerted about a trade, your clock does not tick down. Then there's a dropdown menu "Active until...". I usually choose either "active until my next turn" or "active until I gain resources".

Return to “Catan”