Please never again 4P in arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Wonderful Plays

Please never again 4P in arena

Post by Wonderful Plays »

I can understand that Gurus want to select different things for Arena each season and try something. I can respect that.

But I think it's already safe to say that 4P is a failed experiment.
I could live with the game being more random, less strategic and less tactical, but there are problems with waiting for a game for so long, that it is just hard to play. I think this could be better achieved with 3P if needed.
Did people really want this?
bluebooch

Re: Please never again 4P in arena

Post by bluebooch »

+1 to this - 4 player is a disaster. It takes at least 15min just to get into a game. I'll give it another week or so then probably give up on this Arena season.
GamerforGod

Post by GamerforGod »

Amen to this!!!! We're almost a week in, and we don't even have one elite player, and we only have 15 players who have made it to platinum!!!! I would frankly be just fine if we just started this season over. We all make mistakes, but let's not perpetuate our mistake for another 45-60 days. Even if it's just the base game, please don't ever make Arena more than two players for the love of all things lovely!!!! :) I hope they see a major drop off in the number of Arena players and games over the course of this season, so hopefully they won't ever do this again. :)
gordoz

Post by gordoz »

Agreed. I gave it a chance and it sucks. The estimated wait time to search is 20 mins in arena. The games are bad. The last several arena formats were all very interesting. Base game with 4 players just isnt.
yannderhuann

Post by yannderhuann »

+1 More than 20 minutes to enter a game. And after that suffer chaotic games with 4 players.
Galleon

Post by Galleon »

I only discovered BGA Arena last season... with a 3 month long season you've got to be confident that it's going to keep players engaged the whole time -- I honestly don't prefer 4 player, but for a month or a couple of week am happy to try to learn something new... but I can't imagine putting in anywhere near as much time as last season into the game
Yosemite

Post by Yosemite »

It was a very good experiment with playing Arena with 4 players. I ask to make it sometimes again.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

By and large it's true of all games that 2-player tends to be more competitive than >2 players, but it's more true than ever with Race. Picking one phase per round gives you so little agency in the game. Obviously you can make some inferences about what opponents are likely to pick based on their board state, but more often it's determined by what's in their hand which you can only guess. And making educated guesses about what opponent's will pick is just as much of a factor in 2-player, but you can mitigate when you're wrong more with 2 picks.

I don't care that much about which expansions are used, but please never again make Arena, the competitive format, more than 2-players. Not even a good experiment. Yes I'm mad.
nikos messis

Post by nikos messis »

I also agree. Race is so better with 2 players. Playing with 4 is a mess. 20+ mins waiting time and 15+mins game. Please change it to 2 players next season. I am pretty sure the majority of the race players would agree.
Zozullka

Post by Zozullka »

It was very good idea to make this arena for 4 players!!! ;) ;) ;)
I suppose, that RFTG opens widely only in this format.
Please, repeat it sometimes.
Thank you in advance.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”