DoW code only for new players?!?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jeronimon

Re: DoW code only for new players?!?

Post by Jeronimon »

Jeronimon wrote: 18 April 2023, 06:00
sourisdudesert wrote: 13 April 2023, 07:54 *For those who have a larger number of ingots, DoW offers you some free Premium months. Even if you already have a Premium subscription, these free months will delay your next payments so this is definitely something worthy for you.
I am one of these :D

But I have not found out how to add the free months to my premium subscription.

I read somewhere that to take advantage of the BGA gift points you could unsubscribe and resubscribe. So I tried that, hoping I could fill in my promo code there, but was unsuccessful. Just re-entered my credit card numbers but got no pop-up to redeem the code.

If anyone knows a way to redeem the code I would be grateful to know how.
If not I will gladly stay a premium member here and thank Days of Wonder for the service they have provided the last decade.
Turns out I was not one of these 😁

I was one of the ones with a larger number of ingots but very old ingots. So my offer was, like for a lot of us, Accra to Memoir’44. Since I already have that with my premium membership, no gift for me.

I am ok with that. “If boardgames be the food of love, okay on McDuff!”

See you on the battlefields gentlemen! 😎
Jaykayis

Post by Jaykayis »

I've received my code from DaysOfWonder BGA ... (YAY)..

BUT I HAVE A QUESTION:

having registered with BGA some while ago (I opened just a REGULAR account, no subscription or anything, where i don't pay any fee, So I've NEVER BEEN A PREMIUM MEMBER, its just a regular/general sign up to have limited access to all BGA games (including Memoir 44 obviously).

I've NOW just clicked on the link from the DaysofWonder email, to go ahead and activate my voucher/code ..

BUT,

my existing BGA profile is still prompting me with the option to go premium???

So:

What am i actually getting with this code?

Is this giving me 3 months as a Premium member?

I don't understand what I am getting in compensation for my ingots there, other than regular/general access to BGA, which doesn't actually cost anything, and which i have been able to do since registering an account??
Greesy monkey

Post by Greesy monkey »

Why does everything have to be so convoluted all the time. Don't give any more than you have to...why bother...not worth it.
Kind of a joke really. Poo on you BGA!
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

I am a total noob - what the heck is 'ingot'? :?:
Siu! :)
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

patsyish wrote: 02 June 2023, 07:24 I am a total noob - what the heck is 'ingot'? :?:
On thé old platform you bought “ingots” and payed 2 or 3 per game to play. Which came to 3/4 cents a game (one way)

So if you play more than about 450 matches (2 way) here on BGA this is cheaper. 😁
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

Jeronimon wrote: 02 June 2023, 17:24
patsyish wrote: 02 June 2023, 07:24 I am a total noob - what the heck is 'ingot'? :?:
On thé old platform you bought “ingots” and payed 2 or 3 per game to play. Which came to 3/4 cents a game (one way)

So if you play more than about 450 matches (2 way) here on BGA this is cheaper. 😁
Ok, thanks: they some kind of game coins.

So, by translating the games I get ingots
Siu! :)

Return to “Memoir 44”