Scoring points?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Olog

Scoring points?

Post by Olog »

How does BGA calculate the scores for this game? According to the rulebook "The winner is the player whose race car went the farthest past the finish line. Ties are broken by whichever race car is in the innermost lane on the track."
In the BGA implementation I see however that players also get a score in points, and the player with the highest score wins. I would think that score relates to the position on the board relative to the finish line or something like that, but I can't seem to find a direct explanation for the scores in the games I've played so far. Does anyone know how they are calculated?
KaasChuig

Re: Scoring points?

Post by KaasChuig »

I've only played a few games, but the scores seem consistent so I believe it's based on the player's placing. 1st always seems to be 25 points, 2nd always seems to be 18 points... and right now in a 4 player game with 3rd having 15 points and 4th having 12 points. And this being how it is right at the start of the game, I expect the scores will be the same (probably not to the same player though) at the end of the game.

If I'm wrong and you have since figured out how the scores are done, please let me know.
Max Power 357

Post by Max Power 357 »

Think it has to do with a single race game of Automobiles not having any points system to determine a winner. 25,18,15,12,10 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th appears to be the default value it assigns. Since this differs from how BGA's ELO is calculated and assigned it would appear to mean little or nothing.....at least in a game where points aren't kept/assigned! ;)

If you race a season of 3 or more races those same points will be based on the season totals, so the numbers will more than likely not be 25,18, 15, etc.

In other games where points are kept (Castles of Burgundy) those same totals are based on the number of victory points scored in the game.
UlrikN

Post by UlrikN »

in the original game of automobiles (rules) the points are fixed in a racing season as:
1. Race:
Winner 4
Last 2
Between all becomes 3

2. Race:
Winner 5
Last 2 - in every race of the season
between always 3

3. Race Winner 6

4. Race Winner 7

5. Race Winner 8

if there is a tie after 3 , 4 or 5 Races the Player who is better in the last race wins!

Return to “Automobiles”