planetary-scale research technology not working

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
The 7th Walnut

planetary-scale research technology not working

Post by The 7th Walnut »

I have earned planetary-scale research as a private technology by colonizing a system. The game will let me choose the action space to spend 4 orbs to research X, X=number of colonized systems + 1; I have colonized 5 systems. The game won't let me pick any technology for research.
Keithustus

Re: planetary-scale research technology not working

Post by Keithustus »

Planetscale lets you research any eligible technology slot of the appropriate level (based on your number of colonies). So if you have 3 or more colonies, you can research any eligible level-4 technology. An eligible level-4 technology is one in which you have researched "2 of 3" or "both" as listed on the board of the prerequisite technologies.
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

As there are no level 6 technologies to research, the card is working as intended.
ArtEntre

Post by ArtEntre »

Mogri wrote: 16 May 2023, 06:31 As there are no level 6 technologies to research, the card is working as intended.
The card says "(max level 4 tech)", meaning it it will research a lv4 tech even with 4+ colonies. (See this comment, where the designer, Dennis Chan / onetrueking, has thumbed up that interpretation)

But the OP's game was one where he didn't have any eligible technology (only had one level 3 tech at game end), so that gets back to Keithustus' reply.

I kind of assumed Planetary Scale research works (to research lv 4) with 4+ colonies on BGA, in that it's a significant enough bug that someone should have caught it by now. Though if the BGA game developer is saying otherwise, maybe worth a check.
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

ArtEntre wrote: 04 June 2023, 14:58
Mogri wrote: 16 May 2023, 06:31 As there are no level 6 technologies to research, the card is working as intended.
The card says "(max level 4 tech)", meaning it it will research a lv4 tech even with 4+ colonies. (See this comment, where the designer, Dennis Chan / onetrueking, has thumbed up that interpretation)

But the OP's game was one where he didn't have any eligible technology (only had one level 3 tech at game end), so that gets back to Keithustus' reply.

I kind of assumed Planetary Scale research works (to research lv 4) with 4+ colonies on BGA, in that it's a significant enough bug that someone should have caught it by now. Though if the BGA game developer is saying otherwise, maybe worth a check.
Nah, it works with 4+. I had forgotten that detail.

Return to “Beyond the Sun”