Only allow people to join a turn based game after you finish setting up the game options.

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Klapr00s

Re: Only allow people to join a turn based game after you finish setting up the game options.

Post by Klapr00s »

Starwarrior1128 wrote: 21 May 2023, 21:53 When you start games via the Play Now button and are on the play with friends setting, if a friend that you invited joins a game before you finish setting up game options (for example to include a expansion or not), then you can no longer change game options. I want to be able to invite friends to a turn based game, finish setting up the game options, and then hit a button to allow people to join.

PLEASE UPVOTE THIS HERE :arrow: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=90142 :!: :D
Saxmaam

Re: Only allow people to join a turn based game after you finish setting up the game options.

Post by Saxmaam »

upvoted. Thanks to whomever wrote the bug report/suggestion
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

+1. This happened to me and now I’m stuck in a game
HanabiGrandMaster

Post by HanabiGrandMaster »

I think it's a much broader problem: the automatic table creation.

I still configure my tables manually, so I can open it whenever I've set all the parameters. But if someone joins in an automatic search, the game auto-starts, and blocks any other action on BGA. If I want to look at the player's profile before playing with him/her, and cancel the start, then the entire table is cancelled, or the player instant-leaves. This is all because of the algorithm surrounding the auto-join, auto-start, etc.

Return to “Suggestions”