Ranking: 2p / 3p / 4p

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MacDuc

Ranking: 2p / 3p / 4p

Post by MacDuc »

I think the game is that different between those number of players, the elo ranking should be differentiated. Just my humble opinion. What do other Azul lovers think?
ExaltedAngel

Re: Ranking: 2p / 3p / 4p

Post by ExaltedAngel »

MacDuc wrote: 09 May 2023, 21:34 I think the game is that different between those number of players, the elo ranking should be differentiated. Just my humble opinion. What do other Azul lovers think?
I don't know very well about Azul since I'm kind of a beginner, but that is true for many games, probably the majority of the ones I have played. While a differentiation would make sense I don't think BGA will ever implement it. There are worse problems still unresolved they don't care about like the broken Elo in cooperative games for example
Majki1988

Post by Majki1988 »

I also don't like stats profile for Azul. It is useless when some players play 2 and 3/4 options. Those are tottaly different games in my opinion.

At least I would like to have them separated but I understand that it might be hard to solve it from BGA perspective.

Anyway I don't like 2+ games there are too manny runners and cheaters on BGA... So at least in Azul I avoid them.
thoun

Post by thoun »

This is not possible with current Bga framework, every game has just one ELO and one arena setting, we can't make multiple of them in a single game. That's not linked to Azul at all, it's the same for every game.
chiba1i

Post by chiba1i »

I think of 3-player and 4-player games as party games. As part of Azure's game design, the opponent's board is visualized. In other words, you can interfere by watching the progress of the opponent's hand. As for ratings, I don't really care. I don't think Master Class is a rank that can be reached with cheats.
MacDuc

Post by MacDuc »

I was just thinking, technically, about separate tables in the databases?

About cheating: different topic, but how on earth can you cheat in Azul? You could mess with accounts, mess with some "friends", to boost your elo a little, but real cheating, as you could use a chess engine !?

Return to “Azul”