Viticulture Essential Edition is now on Beta

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
lostrom1

Re: Viticulture Essential Edition is now on Beta

Post by lostrom1 »

Well, one 100% true statement is that Tuscany is not here yet :-)
Again, it would be nice if a BGA employee who sees this could just let us know if there is something planned. That may avoid speculations ;-)
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

lostrom1 wrote: 02 March 2023, 06:16 Well, one 100% true statement is that Tuscany is not here yet :-)
Again, it would be nice if a BGA employee who sees this could just let us know if there is something planned. That may avoid speculations ;-)
Not gonna happen. Main policy of BGA is to never announce something before it's ready.
Dr J

Post by Dr J »

Late to this conversation, but just a thought: I've only ever played this game (which is one of my top 3 favorites all time) with Tuscany. As such, I haven't played in in BGA for that specific reason. If low play count is the reason Tuscany isn't being developed, the fact that some people aren't playing because they prefer Tuscany might be something to consider.
RealMadrid2022

Post by RealMadrid2022 »

Please implement Tuscany
Quick Ben Delat

Post by Quick Ben Delat »

Dr J wrote: 11 March 2023, 17:51 Late to this conversation, but just a thought: I've only ever played this game (which is one of my top 3 favorites all time) with Tuscany. As such, I haven't played in in BGA for that specific reason. If low play count is the reason Tuscany isn't being developed, the fact that some people aren't playing because they prefer Tuscany might be something to consider.
This is me exactly. I don't even particularly like Viticulture without the Tuscany expansion, but love it with it.
nogardtla

Post by nogardtla »

+1
Viticulture (EE) is a 6 out of 10 at best. Add in Tuscany and it is at least a solid 8 or 9 for me. The changes/additions to the board, scoring, etc really fix some of the VEE problems and make for a much more interesting game.
Shingaru

Post by Shingaru »

+1 Please add tuscany (whenever you can of course). viticulture is meh without it
player60523

Post by player60523 »

I noticed that most people only play this game with 2 or 3 players, despite it being best at 4 according to BGG. Why is that? Is this game actually better at lower player counts?

The same can be said for Barrage, a game that is supposed to be best at 4, but is played too often with only 2 players. What's up with that? What is your opinion on player count for these two games?
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

player60523 wrote: 01 July 2023, 22:42 I noticed that most people only play this game with 2 or 3 players, despite it being best at 4 according to BGG. Why is that? Is this game actually better at lower player counts?

The same can be said for Barrage, a game that is supposed to be best at 4, but is played too often with only 2 players. What's up with that? What is your opinion on player count for these two games?
I prefer this game 3 players due to the bonus spots. It sucks to me to play with 2 or 4 as there are not enough spots to move each year. I don't enjoy the scarcity theme in games.
nogardtla

Post by nogardtla »

player60523 wrote: 01 July 2023, 22:42 I noticed that most people only play this game with 2 or 3 players, despite it being best at 4 according to BGG. Why is that? Is this game actually better at lower player counts?

I suspect player counts on BGA are more likely a function of : arena setup and ease with which you can find players and finish games in a reasonable time.
Arena games with 3-4 players are brutally slow affairs so tend towards lower player counts to simply service that group of players.
Similarly, for me, casual play tends to be mostly with the couple of people I know and play with regularly, so more 3-player games even if the games are better with 4.

Return to “"Beta" games”