Arrogant behavior

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Ma Rosa Elena Valdiv

Arrogant behavior

Post by Ma Rosa Elena Valdiv »

I'm aware that these fora are not for these kind of things, but I think it is something important about "game ethics" and the way BGA is moderating chats. I have been sanctioned today because of the following. One player vitaliy2mors, way before finishing a game sent me "gg".

vitaliy2mors gg 12:12 PM
me: gg? did you think you could win? 12:15 PM
me: really? 12:15 PM
vitaliy2mors Yeas 12:15 PM
Me: im not a rookie 12:15 PM
vitaliy2mors: Thats why I texted gg 😂 12:16 PM
me: but now, that gg looks bloody stupid 12:16 PM

Why to use "gg" in that way? Why to behave like that? If you want to do these kind of things, you should be aware that you will receive responses back? I didn't insult the player, I was talking about his or her action. This is unbelievable. I make this publicly because it happens a lot, and I think it is important to reflect about these topics, because whether you like or not this is part of the game too.

I hope I don't get sanctioned again because of this.
Jellby

Re: Arrogant behavior

Post by Jellby »

Why do you assume "gg" means "I win, you lose, shame on you"? It means "good game", surely you can say "good game" before the game is over without anyone else being offended.
Nunzio Buonaventura

Post by Nunzio Buonaventura »

I think I understand. I watched the reply.
The aforementioned player was clearly not winning. But when he/she sent the gg
it was because he thought he won (as he says after). I have seen people using gg in many ways and you cannot tell only by reading a chat, it is true.
(talking about meanings, words, context etc it is interesting but this is not the place to do it)
It seems to be that it is an extended use of "gg" in a negative sense and maybe this is why she is complaining as well
(along with the stupid sanction she has gotten). This moderation thing sometimes is a nonsense.
It could be a not-so-good starting point to think about "game ethics" as she mentioned.
Cheers!
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Well, saying "gg" early might not have been the smartest, but saying it was "bloody stupid" was not any nicer.

Return to “Pylos”