Extreme bad luck

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
hoooooooooooope

Extreme bad luck

Post by hoooooooooooope »

I have really been struggling with the new season of arena. So so many lost matches- i won 3 matches the first day of the season, enough to get me to silver, and then have lost every single arena match since then. Even the matches when I am paired with top ten players!!! The losing streak is sucking the joy out of the game. If I'm never going to see my foot and the opposing team has drawn 10 red 3s before I have even closed a book, it doesn't feel right.
ssailow

Re: Extreme bad luck

Post by ssailow »

So, do you think the bad luck has to do with the new version?
I've been having bad luck, too.
Hand and Foot seems to be heavily weighed toward the luck of the draw, not skilled playing.
What do you think?
HanaMakiMomo

Post by HanaMakiMomo »

I believe, can be wrong however, it is too much AI (artificial intelligence) coding that is promoting a very one sided game. Have you ever noticed how many times the card you discard will be one of the two cards drawn your next turn. For me this happens pretty much every game, which is why I believe AI is a component of the game that will impact the one sided successes or struggles.
Mayday2023

Post by Mayday2023 »

This season is the worst, I just lost 8 games back to back, who does that I went from being in first place last season and steadily went down but this season as an effort to get to Elite and then now second from last place! Weird and not wonderful they are going to lose many players to other sites if this continues.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Assuming it's 2-team games, losing (or winning) 8 in row should happen once for every 250 tries... not extremely unlikely.
RavingWanderer

Post by RavingWanderer »

Luck (of the draw) is a significant factor in Hand and Foot. I regularly play with similarly-skilled players, and our won-lost records are all over the place, with streaks of bad and good luck.

The deck is randomly shuffled, and is completely determined at the start of each round. The game logic does not know who is going to get which card, that is up to play tactics (taking discards vs. drawing).
WrdBrn

Post by WrdBrn »

I swear I think some people park their middle schooler at the screen and yell plays to them! and then in round 3 suddenly it feels like the player you expected is at the table WAY TO LATE. I am glad this season is over.

Return to “Hand and Foot”