Day after day after day of bad lag

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
yzemaze

Re: Day after day after day of bad lag

Post by yzemaze »

I noticed lags in the last days at peak hours (UTC+2 21:30 – 22:30).

These dips of server1 look suspicious:

Other servers seem to be running fine:
CascadeHush

Post by CascadeHush »

Has been really bad in Australia, using Firefox FWIW.

At least 48 hours of pages refusing to load or unable to take turns. This goes on for several minutes at a time. I've never encountered anything like it on BGA for so long.

Attempt to post this failed twice
yzemaze

Post by yzemaze »

Lags are back. They are not as bad as in the evening, but it’s still far from normal speed.

Leard

Post by Leard »

It's been bad here in the UK as well. Doing it on both my work PC and my home PC, so I definitely don't think it's me. Sort it out BGA.
Neelie

Post by Neelie »

Just received this message: "Sorry, our database is not responding. BGA admins has been warned. Please get back later."

This is after a week or so of off and on lag and lag now while playing.
Thanasi1953

Post by Thanasi1953 »

Where is normal mode?
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

And here we are, with every day since I last posted having horrid delays! Aren't the rest of you bothered by this decrease in service? Must be cost cutting on servers? An ASMODEE problem?
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Just for completeness, I haven't noticed any particular lag in the last week, maybe an occasional glitch, but nothing different from the norm of several years.
nik592

Post by nik592 »

JoysJoy wrote: 12 June 2023, 20:46 Aren't the rest of you bothered by this decrease in service?
Personally, I've not been experiencing any lag. I don't doubt that it's happening due to the number of people reporting it, but it doesn't seem to affect everyone equally. I'd also add that some people experiencing lag also mentioned they were having trouble posting in the forums. That also leaves aside there's probably a significant chunk of the BGA user base who either don't really know about, or don't care about, the forums to complain here.
lordalx

Post by lordalx »

I'm glad to announce the lag issues that some of you were facing recently, especially during pick hours, shall be now solved.

But what happened ?
  • to be short : servers were overloaded
  • to be a bit longer : game servers were overloaded, not all of them and mainly the turn based ones. We needed to deploy a new server to face the increasing charge for some new released games. It was installed end of last week and is now taking progressively more and more tables. Consequently, the situation is getting back to normal progressively. Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll keep on monitoring the situation.
  • To be less technical and more game specific : Ark Nova release leaded to far more turn based game that we could have imagine. Let's say that some enclosure were missing for biggest animals in your zoo and we need to buy more enclosures so everyone could play together

Return to “Discussions”