Unable to select action cards...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Effgee

Unable to select action cards...

Post by Effgee »

Apologies, this must be a very basic question (my first Ark Nova game!) but I was unable to find an answer in the forum...
When it is my turn, 2 out of the 5 actions are grayed-out, why is that? I have lots of enclosures but not unable to place animals in them because that action is unavailable :-)
I don't think it's because none of my cards are playable because in the past I have been able to select an action even if no cards were playable.
Thanks for the help!
ThatScar

Re: Unable to select action cards...

Post by ThatScar »

Animals card doesn't do anything with power 1, so it's simply greyed out if it's in slot 1. If you intend to boost it with X's, you have to say how many X's you want to use on the right before clicking the action (or change settings to be able to set it after selecting the action; I don't recommend that).
I would imagine the other cards are similar - if Association is on 2 and you've already used 2 and only have 1 associate left, it probably just greys out the whole action in advance.
Effgee

Post by Effgee »

Thank you for the quick reply! As far as I remember it was in a much higher spot like 3 or above, I should have taken a screenshot... It ungrayed a bit later, perhaps as I get more familiar with the game I'll figure it out. Thanks again!
Trociu

Post by Trociu »

Cards are greyed out when you can't use them. Probably you couldn't play animals because you didn't meet some requirements. Remember that some animals need enclosures near water or rocks (and terrarium or aviary still need to be connected to water or rocks).
ssattq

Post by ssattq »

need money too
Rainbowali

Post by Rainbowali »

I don't think that's the reason. I had enough x tokens to be able to increase my association card to a level 4 action space and it still wouldn't let me use the card. I had enough workers to place on the spaces. I should have at least been able to do the 2 action, but the Association card was still greyed out.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

Rainbowali wrote: 16 November 2023, 06:59 I don't think that's the reason. I had enough x tokens to be able to increase my association card to a level 4 action space and it still wouldn't let me use the card. I had enough workers to place on the spaces. I should have at least been able to do the 2 action, but the Association card was still greyed out.
Was your reputation maxed out, without Cards upgraded? If so, you cannot take the level 2 action.

If you can link the replay, someone will be able to explain.
Rainbowali

Post by Rainbowali »

I don't think my reputation was maxed out. I had upgraded my Association card and my Animal card.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

Rainbowali wrote: 18 November 2023, 01:14 I don't think my reputation was maxed out. I had upgraded my Association card and my Animal card.
Please link the game so someone can explain. Without a screenshot it's all conjecture.

Return to “Ark Nova”