Expand 0 point wins to stop predatory gaming

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Ceaseless

Re: Expand 0 point wins to stop predatory gaming

Post by Ceaseless »

ufm wrote: 10 June 2023, 01:51
Ceaseless wrote: 09 June 2023, 23:19 One type of player I've run into a few times is one that will keep cancelling over and over vs anyone near their rating.
Actually players can block higher-rated players from joining their game by setting the restrictions in the lobby... :shock:
This group cancels games vs players near their rating, not far away, so such a tool isn't one they'd use.

And their target group, lower rated players not familiar with the game or just not great at it will also likely have some overlap with newer players to BGA and people not really that familiar with the tools or why they'd need them yet. A solution requiring the majority of this group to be familiar with the usages and practical benefits to these features is likely to be impractical at best. I would not expect players to remember "oh yeah, I'm trying out this game for the first time, let's mess with the hosting settings now" rather than just click and start their first game as soon as it pops up without even looking at their opponent. I know it's not something I'd have been thinking about for much of my time on the site, learning those things took time. That's not something that should be on them to have to keep track of yet.

Return to “Suggestions”