UFO good or bad?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
nccc

UFO good or bad?

Post by nccc »

a luck based card?
GerrardCapashen

Re: UFO good or bad?

Post by GerrardCapashen »

UFO is one of the best cards in the game.
nccc

Post by nccc »

But why?
U can't always get the cards u want.
Guudys

Post by Guudys »

It depends on your build but you get 2 cards for literally free, while still attacking/defending at a strength of 3. It will also delay the end of the duel as you have more cards added to your deck (assuming you don't die by bench before that) AND might even give you valuable cards that you already had anyway. Imagine it gives you another Stable Boy and you were going full on 3s, or it gives you a Butler so now you can clear your bench... If you don't like the cards, you are free to remove them after the duel anyway but the fact they're added "permanently" to your deck is very strong because you got more cards without having to draft them.

I've had one game where I had 2 UFOs, 3 Butlers and I forget if I had a few Sailors or Clairvoyants. Anyway, I could see my whole deck and control it, the UFOs kept giving me more cards and even gave me the 4th Butler. Very fun build.

UFO can also work very well with builds that have Submarine because you add cards at the bottom of your deck and Submarine exhausts the card at the bottom of your deck.
nccc

Post by nccc »

Sounds nice! :)
GerrardCapashen

Post by GerrardCapashen »

You can see even more rationale here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/309849 ... s-tierlist

Return to “Challengers”