Challengers! is now in open Beta!

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
GTSchemer

Challengers! is now in open Beta!

Post by GTSchemer »

Challengers!, recently nominated for the 2023 Kennerspiel des Jahres award, is now in open Beta!

It is an interactive deck-management game for 1-8 players that plays quickly regardless of player count. With a tournament gameplay style, players meet a new opponent every round. Each round has a Deck Phase and Match Phase.

In the Deck Phase, you choose new cards and add them to your deck, which might consist of a wizard, alien, cat, gangster and kraken. 75 distinct characters with more than 40 exciting effects create a unique experience every game. Choose from six different sets and discover new strategies and synergies every game.

In the Match Phase, stay in flag possession to win the trophy of that round. Try to get the most fans and trophies over the course of seven rounds to be able to qualify for the final. If you can best your opponent in the final, you win Challengers!

(If you think that all sounds a lot like a board game adaption of a digital Autobattler, we are proud to tell you that this is the first of its kind!)

BGG page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/359970/challengers
Rules summary: https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Gamehelpchallengers

As always, you can report any bugs here (be sure to include the move #): https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?game=1681

Be aware the publisher wants new players to always take turns revealing cards. However once you learn the game, you may want to set turn-based games to autoplay = on when creating the table.

Mamb0

Re: Challengers! is now in open Beta!

Post by Mamb0 »

Hello everyone, gotta say Challengers! is a very addictive and fun game ;)
I am not a frequent user of this platform so forgive me if these are silly questions, but is there a standard time for the game to get out of beta and will the elo points get reset when that happens?
Thanks in advance
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

Mamb0 wrote: 05 June 2023, 18:54 Hello everyone, gotta say Challengers! is a very addictive and fun game ;)
I am not a frequent user of this platform so forgive me if these are silly questions, but is there a standard time for the game to get out of beta and will the elo points get reset when that happens?
Thanks in advance
Greetings, I believe elo should stay the same with release. Arena becomes available, however. Tournaments too.

As for the timing of release, I do not have an exact answer, but things have been moving quickly. :)
Mysterix

Post by Mysterix »

Awesome job for a wonderful game, thank you!
mctav

Post by mctav »

Hi,
it's a really nice implementation of the game! Thank you very much.
What I'm missing (hope, that I didn't overlook something): an option to take a look at all the cards currently in the deck. E. g. in a turn-based game, when the butler is revealed, I don't have in mind, which card is how often in my deck. This makes it difficult to decide which card I should remove from the bench. Maybe this option can easily be added to the game.
Bye,
mctav
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

Thank you for the kind words. The designer/publisher intends the deck to be hidden during the game, as in real life. I understand this can be a challenge, but this is part of the challenge of Challengers, so thank you for understanding!

Most games are real-time at this moment, interestingly.

Return to “"Beta" games”