Double turn at end of game?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Zulu

Double turn at end of game?

Post by Zulu »

In a two player game, I understand the rule about once one player has gone over the finish line, then the other player gets a full turn. However I'm curious why the other player might get two turns.

The scenario here is that player A goes over the line and then it's player B's turn. Player B, uses Association to play a Conservation project at strength 5 then completes this. The turn finishes leaving the Association action card at position 1.

Immediately, player B uses +4 tokens to play another Association action card.

I understand that with the upgraded Association action it's possible to play with a strength of more than 5, but in this last turn, is this over what appears to be two separate actions ie an Association action taken twice?

Intrigued to find out how and why this is. I couldn't see any animal (ag an eagle) or sponsors card giving this second action.
Acolyte

Re: Double turn at end of game?

Post by Acolyte »

One of the player boards has "take another turn" as the immediate reward for supporting a conservation project.
Zulu

Re: Double turn at end of game?

Post by Zulu »

Many thanks @acolyte, you're a Star. It's Silver Lake and there is exactly what you say as a reward.

Phew, I'd been staring at that for a while and trying to work it out. Lol. I thought I had the game wrapped up then the other player scored a huge amount of points in the last turn. It was a great game though.

Heck Ark Nova is brilliant :D

Return to “Ark Nova”