Suggestion: popup confirmation message when leaving an hex controlled by the opponent

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Gunzilla

Suggestion: popup confirmation message when leaving an hex controlled by the opponent

Post by Gunzilla »

Hello,
In several of my games, by my mistake or sometimes as well by an opponent's, a player is leaving an hex controlled by the opponent (thinking he controls it already), then validates, only to see his mistake too late.
This is quite annoying, and is often decisive in tight games :(

Would it be possible to have a popup message for confirmation when you leave an hex controlled by an opponent ?
Pros:
1. Leaving an enemy controlled hex intentionally is very rare, so players would not be spammed by this new popup.
2. 100% of the players making that mistake would actually be able to cancel it.
Cons:
I dont see any?

I'm sure this happened to other players as well and they would have liked to have that opportunity to not make that mistake ^^

PS: I'm aware of the button to hide all units so you can see who controls what. I dont wanna have to use that as I find it quite unpractical.

Cheers!
tchobello

Re: Suggestion: popup confirmation message when leaving an hex controlled by the opponent

Post by tchobello »

Sorry, I won't do this...

I can't give you more assistance as you already have all the tools to check.
pbjme

Re: Suggestion: popup confirmation message when leaving an hex controlled by the opponent

Post by pbjme »

I agree with the OP. If it was a tabletop game the players would certainly acknowledge the mistake and allow the redo.

If not a pop-up, then how about an option to propose to undo the last move - which both players can agree to.
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

You can check if you have moved from an hex controlled by the enemy before BEFORE validating and then cancel the move.

That's the whole purpose of confirmation/undo state.

Return to “War Chest”