Do you ever buy solitary (black) cards?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Cerberus_tm

Do you ever buy solitary (black) cards?

Post by Cerberus_tm »

There are many solitary/black cards for sale in the card tableau, do you ever buy any?

The only time I have ever bought any was when I was stuck with so many fire varans I couldn't do anything else, and the black cards at least give decent bonuses.

Maybe I'm just paranoid: should I buy them more often? Do you every buy them?
fabi11975

Re: Do you ever buy solitary (black) cards?

Post by fabi11975 »

you can buying black card.... First, the spider. 4 trees acan be a solution when you have no tree for buying. But généraly, do it with one white card (spider with mokey -3 ytrees cans bee a good strategy). The owl can be interesting, for have movement too.
Cerberus_tm

Post by Cerberus_tm »

OK it's interesting to know that you buy black cards sometimes. I'm still a bit hesitant haha.

White cards, on the other hand, always seem very good when I manage to get them.
Jeronimo66

Post by Jeronimo66 »

Yes blacks cards can be bought. it gives plenty of ressources but reduce your deck cycling. a gregarious animal and fragments can mitigate this issue. Or sometimes it is not necessary, a 6 solitaries deck can be fine.

Also Black cards are interesting in a game when you do not want to cycle your ceck because it is full of fire varan
It is better to get trees/water/sun for a black card you buy than drawing a varan. the cards you buy aare guaranteed ressources for your next turn. With lot of varan, you cannot rely on your deck anymore. And the more stuff you put in your deck, even black cards, the more it dilutes your varan.

White cards are not always good. I almost never buy the one that gives -2 trees or the one that gives -3 wind, the cycling bonus they give is not worth the loss of important ressources.

Return to “Living Forest”