You must agree with home defense not satisfied

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Andrew Davidson

You must agree with home defense not satisfied

Post by Andrew Davidson »

On table 247751046, it's July 1945 in a Main Event campaign. Germany now only has a bunker in Königsberg and so lacks the lebensraum and cities to satisfy the home defense rule. The players are asked a question "You must agree with home defense not satisfied by Axis" and there are two buttons for a response: Disagree and Agree.

The first time this happened, we all agreed and the game progressed. I suppose we'll do the same again but I'm puzzled why there is an option to Disagree. What happens if someone chooses that option?
Lunalol

Re: You must agree with home defense not satisfied

Post by Lunalol »

It can last an infinite time...
Andrew Davidson

Lunalol wrote: 03 July 2023, 12:10 It can last an infinite time...
You mean it loops back to the same question?

I'm trying to understand the logic. My impression is that the software can detect the exception condition but can't tell whether it's possible to satisfy it and so human input is needed to evaluate the overall situation. Right?
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 03 July 2023, 12:27 I'm trying to understand the logic. My impression is that the software can detect the exception condition but can't tell whether it's possible to satisfy it and so human input is needed to evaluate the overall situation. Right?
Precisely that. There are some odd edge cases (like the one you find yourself in) where home defence is violated but you cannot resolve it.
Andrew Davidson

RobertBr wrote: 04 July 2023, 16:38 Precisely that. There are some odd edge cases (like the one you find yourself in) where home defence is violated but you cannot resolve it.
Thanks. We moved on now and the Germans have counter-attacked with SS panzers supported by their subterrranean secret supplies. There's a ring of steel around Königsberg and so the tactical situation is sticky as the clock runs down. De Gaulle wants to lead a naval assault while Monty says his 8th Army can hit them for six...

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”