Issues with scoring

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Avalon23

Issues with scoring

Post by Avalon23 »

I don't think the current scoring system for Decrypto is fair. You're not allowed to choose your teammates, but you can get penalized if you win and someone on your team is lower ranked than you. You're considered as tied with all the people on your team when you win. I think it would be better if your ELO was just based on the ELOs of the losing team. So for each winner, their ELO would be computed based on beating each person on the winning team.
Hagardunor

Re: Issues with scoring

Post by Hagardunor »

Avalon23 wrote: 06 August 2023, 06:54 I don't think the current scoring system for Decrypto is fair. You're not allowed to choose your teammates, but you can get penalized if you win and someone on your team is lower ranked than you. You're considered as tied with all the people on your team when you win. I think it would be better if your ELO was just based on the ELOs of the losing team. So for each winner, their ELO would be computed based on beating each person on the winning team.
I agree, and thats a question relevant to ALL team games (Belote...). The ELO system that has been chosen by BGA to rank players is the one used for Chess, WHICH IS DESIGNED FOR SINGLE PLAYER GAMES.

It was (badly in my sense too) adapted to games involving teams, for which it has not been designed
ShassDow

Re: Issues with scoring

Post by ShassDow »

ELO should be ditched in my opinion. Some people take this site way too seriously, as observed with Hanabi for example.

Return to “Decrypto”