Upcoming Changes: How much information should we show?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Berenike10

Re: Upcoming Changes: How much information should we show?

Post by Berenike10 »

Hello Dashwood,

As not able to create a bug report. I will share screenshot and reasons here. In the first screenshot the layout is better, it fits the full page and therefore everything is better spaced out (not squashed in) and clearer to see. The page is brighter as well. I am aware this is a preference, but would prefer this layout as an option. I remember reading in one of the forum posts that the layout in the first screenshot was suggested as an improvement for exactly the reasons I have mentioned.

I had to take a screenshot of an ongoing game to show the present layout and I was not able to select square table layout, however, it does not change the visual experience. It does not widen the outer border. As for the 2nd screenshot, it is darker, narrower and thus the cards are squashed into a smaller space and the overall aesthetics are less pleasing and depreciate the experience.
Attachments
Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 2.png (498.23 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (478.49 KiB) Viewed 363 times
dashwood314

Re: Upcoming Changes: How much information should we show?

Post by dashwood314 »

Berenike10 wrote: 30 August 2023, 18:51 In the first screenshot the layout is better, it fits the full page and therefore everything is better spaced out (not squashed in) and clearer to see. The page is brighter as well.

As for the 2nd screenshot, it is darker, narrower and thus the cards are squashed into a smaller space and the overall aesthetics are less pleasing and depreciate the experience.
Thank you very much for the feedback. I love to discuss visuals! :-)

We have addressed your concerns and released a new version. Please give it a try! Theme 4 (wood light) is now similar to the old color theme in terms of brightness. I hope you like it.

We also allow the game board to strecht out a little bit and I agree that it looks a bit nicer. But note that this is just an overall visual impression. I don't think that "cards squashed into a smaller space" is really an issue. The overlap of the cards adapts to how many cards are played, and since you rarely play more than 5 cards, there is normally more than enough space for the played cards. And in the rare case of playing really long straights you can still see cards fine.

What do you think?

Return to “Tichu”