IDOL CARDS

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BailoutBaino

IDOL CARDS

Post by BailoutBaino »

Ok so here is something i am confused about.
you can only ever play 1 idol card onto your board according to the rules
but if you play a card that allows you to swap a card from your opponent's mine to your own the game allows the move of idols.

this means that a player can have up to 2 idols on their board if they chose to swap a card for an idol their opponent has played.

is this a legal move or is this a bug?
Jofes

Re: IDOL CARDS

Post by Jofes »

Is a legal move
Camille Amazing Game

Post by Camille Amazing Game »

Yes, it's the only way to have 2 idols in your board! ;)
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

In the how to play section it says you will only score for 1 idol. So something is wrong. It also says that the tiebreaker is most consecutive cards of your color. Do these cards also have to be in the correct position? I had a game that ended in a tie and we both only had 1 favorite color but I lost. Mine was not in its correct position but it doesn't specify that in the how to play. For game end it says when one player has all their cards flipped over but the round still plays so that that everyone has a equal amount of turns. So when player one flips all cards according to the wording the game should still end. But currently the other players can switch a face down card with player one to continue the game.

Hopefully the how to play is worded better if the game is being played/scored how it is supposed to. If not then they should give a warning about a rule switch because I've seen that in another game and they didn't.
bluepirate

Post by bluepirate »

@ChiefPointThief This seems to be a bug. The French rules say clearly that you are only allowed to play one idol *from your hand*, but in the scoring example explicitly score two idols if there are two of them. So exchanging them in seems possible, and they can score.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

The rule about game ending seems to have changed since my comment. Player 2 can give player 1 a face down card but the game now ends still. I’ve lost 4 arena games because the rules are stated wrong in the how to section.

Return to “DIG UP Adventure”