*resolved* : if you get a bug... it's not the end!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Melarnos

*resolved* : if you get a bug... it's not the end!

Post by Melarnos »

**The issue has been resolved!
If, like us, you encounter a bug that prevent you from continuing the campaign, just abandon the game collectively and start the game again with the same players (don't forget to select the 'continue' option !!!)
Below is the original post.
Thanks Moof for the help!!**

We played the My City campaign up to episode 22.
We then had a bug that made some players unable to play.
I asked BGA if it was possible to restart the episode to (maybe) fix the bug. Zero answer.
So we could not make it to the end of the campaign (episode 24... so close!!).
The bug we encountered had already been reported for a while.
I'm not blaming the devs, they have a lot on their plate and as I understand they are volunteers.
But it would have been nice if BGA had provided us with a solution. Instead they ignored us completely.
So, if you want to start a campaign, I would advise you to check the bug page, and if some bugs are still pending, it would be wise to postpone starting your campaign.
I know some people didn't encounter the bug and were able to finish the campaign, but if this issue happens to you, trust me, your group won't be happy.
I just wanted to warn others to avoid them a big disappointment.
Cheers!
Last edited by Melarnos on 16 September 2023, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
GTSchemer

Re: Don't play the campaign (*no spoilers*)

Post by GTSchemer »

Just a heads up, the developer already replied to you in the other thread, and mentioned there is a way to resume the campaign if everyone votes to abandon that one game, then start another table with the same players and option "continue".
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Even if it were the case that every campaign will fail at some episode before the end, that's no reason not start a campaign. You'll always get to play the campaign until it fails, and that may be enough for many players :)
Melarnos

Post by Melarnos »

GTSchemer wrote: 15 September 2023, 15:41 Just a heads up, the developer already replied to you in the other thread, and mentioned there is a way to resume the campaign if everyone votes to abandon that one game, then start another table with the same players and option "continue".
Thanks GTSchemer, as I mentioned in the other post I'll try and if it works I'd put an update here :)

Jellby wrote: 15 September 2023, 16:24 Even if it were the case that every campaign will fail at some episode before the end, that's no reason not start a campaign. You'll always get to play the campaign until it fails, and that may be enough for many players :)
Hi Jellby,
True, it could be enough for many players, but many others would be frustrated as we were, hence my message.
Melarnos

Re: *resolved* : if you get a bug... it's not the end!

Post by Melarnos »

The issue has been resolved :)
I updated the original post and changed the title!

Return to “My City”