2 player games

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
PainFoinmr

2 player games

Post by PainFoinmr »

Hey!
Why do most people choose 2 player games when hosting a table? I'm no expert at the game, but I find 3 and 4 players games much more fun and they come with an extra layer of luck (predicting what others will choose)
Fletcheese

Re: 2 player games

Post by Fletcheese »

PainFoinmr wrote: 15 September 2023, 11:14 ...they come with an extra layer of luck (predicting what others will choose)
For many players (at least me), this is what they don't like about >2 player games. There's more luck. Sure you can in some cases predict other players' phase selections, but in general having 2 choices and still needing to predict your one opponent's choices is a more consistently rewarding decision space. It becomes more random and haphazard with more players and there are objectively less decisions - one phase instead of two.
ColShaw

Post by ColShaw »

The rhythm is so different that it's almost a different game. Having two choices instead of one makes a bigger difference to how the game is played than which expansion(s) to use. The effect of various cards is completely changed. I also find it slower and more frustrating to work off one decision per turn.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

ColShaw wrote: 19 September 2023, 09:53 The rhythm is so different that it's almost a different game. Having two choices instead of one makes a bigger difference to how the game is played than which expansion(s) to use. The effect of various cards is completely changed. I also find it slower and more frustrating to work off one decision per turn.
I agree completely. At BGG, the game is also indicated as best for 2 players, as voted by the community.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”