Tiebreak idea

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
bamsedog

Tiebreak idea

Post by bamsedog »

How about in the event of a tie winner is the player with the most of their favoured animal in place?
SethLusus

Re: Tiebreak idea

Post by SethLusus »

Let's think through options for a tie breaker:

Points in Totem
To my view this is more about luck than anything. Maybe first place to whomever had a LOWER score here

Points in Diversity
It's already punishing enough to NOT go for diversity. I wouldn't want to make it even worse with it being a tie-breaker as well

Points in Tiles
Maybe, though I don't think it indicates you're a better player to get more points here

Points in Protected Areas
Maybe, though I don't think it indicates you're a better player to get more points here

On thinking about it further, I'm okay with a lack of tie-breaker. I have reasons NOT to recommend using totem or diversity. For the other two I don't really see either source of points as indicating that the player is more skilled and deserves the win.
Gulchen

Re: Tiebreak idea

Post by Gulchen »

SethLusus wrote: 05 September 2023, 18:14Points in Diversity
It's already punishing enough to NOT go for diversity. I wouldn't want to make it even worse with it being a tie-breaker as well
I don't play this game, but your comment gives me the thought: ​ What about FEWEST points in Diversity?

Return to “Rainforest”