UX suggestions - start player and last round indicators

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
CitadelUK

UX suggestions - start player and last round indicators

Post by CitadelUK »

Minor UX suggestions:

An indicator of who the first player was in the scoring area.

A message to show that the last round has been triggered. A lot of games show a banner above the main toolbar at the top of the screen.

With Underground River, when you hover over a card the tooltip shows the cards beneath the cards from the Underground River. The cards are a bit too small to read. In the replay, it seems that the tooltip works as expected for the player playing Underground River but not for their opponents. https://boardgamearena.com/archive/repl ... 3;&goto=84

The spacing between the player's colour card on the left of the screen and their 3x3 grid is negative so they overlap while it is a bit too large for the player showing on the right of the screen. (on Google Chrome 116.0.5845.189 on Windows)

Could show the text of cards as text in the tooltip when hovering would make it a little easier to read as the cards are quite small.
mikkashar

Re: UX suggestions - start player and last round indicators

Post by mikkashar »

Yes, please, all of this, especially making it easier to read the card text.

Also, it's possible to press the "pass" button while looking at the discard pile overlay window (potentially accidentally skipping part of one's turn). I expect an overlay window like that to need to be dismissed before actions outside of it can be taken. (Perhaps that's not as universal an expectation as I think.)
DoctorFianchetto

Re: UX suggestions - start player and last round indicators

Post by DoctorFianchetto »

Another issue I have is that when you take Treasure Map and you're putting the four cards back in the deck, it's not clear how to specify the order. My first instinct was that the first card you click would be at the top of the deck at the end, turns out the opposite is true. A clearer indicator on this would be great!

Return to “DIG UP Adventure”